FAO Chartered Accountants

Give it another half hour.

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWZisnZ-RGE

1 Like

A chartered accountant getting married on a Thursday is embarrassing for the profession.

5 Likes

Your heart would go out to the Dublin players and WAGs having to hold all their weddings in the depths of winter.

1 Like

Ok if they’re a trainee though.

Anyone know what the tax implications are from getting a few bob from selling a few shares

You might need to pay capital gains tax on any profit. You have an annual allowance where you can make 1250 a year or something before you start paying tax

No chance I can offset it by setting up a covenant or something for the daughter? I got a lot more than I expected. She’ll be starting 3rd level (hopefully) next year and I was getting my ducks in a row to get her started. Turned out that I got a bit more than I was expecting.

2 Likes

Hope ye all did ye’re annual returns, fellow Chartered Accountants.

No one files by paper anymore mate the online deadline is November 12

No mate just have the 12k ready by next August for college fees rent costs and general booze spend until May 2021

You tard, we self certify by the 31st. Keep farming slabs of muck and stay out of this.

1 Like

Thank you

You only pay tax on the gain - not what you received for them

Did you get them in course of any employment/as options?

Might be income tax if so.

No. I bought them

The phone call home on a Thursday afternoon looking for 50 quid for “books”

:sweat_smile:

Have you sold them? If you sell before end November you pay CGT by 15 December. If you sell in December you pay in January.

Could you fire some of the proceeds into a pension scheme.

Worth talking to a tax advisors to see if any options to reduce the bill via gifting to kids or spouse

Yea. Sold them. Whether I pay cgt in December or January is much of a muchness . I’ve a meeting with the bank today. We’ll see how that goes

1 Like