FAO Chartered Accountants

Black tie.

For chartered accountants this is like those nervous moments in the dressing room before an All Ireland Final. A massive day but how will it go? 12.30pm for 1. Do I arrive at 12.30 and go all guns blazing with gung ho mingling, stroll in casually at 1 just before Oliver Callan commences his entertainment or even go for something in between? Will I take the easy option and deviate towards old pals or instead seek out cunts I haven’t spoken to in years? It’s okay to be nervous. I’d be more worried if I had no nerves at all. I just hope I do myself and the profession justice today.

2 Likes

Hopefully the roast beef in the Burlo will be up to it’s usual standard.

Stay close to @Rocko he’ll mind you.

Apart from @briantinnion being detained by an urgent accounting matter and having to send his apologies, this day could not have gone any better. I only bumped into @Appendage once all afternoon, at the cloakroom when I arrived at 1.06pm.

Great see @Appendage was still able to play some small part in the day

Having a drink with @Appendage in the lobby now. Some lass has passed out and is being taken away by an ambulance.

#LenSocXmas19

1 Like

From the drink?!
Fuck me thats some dose of the fear in the post

She’s let the whole profession down.

That’s speculation.

It’s much more likely she’s been working ridiculous amounts of overtime on pre year-end assignments and passed out through exhaustion.

From drink

It was unreal, pal.

I stumbled back into the bar and proceeded to spill the remainder of my drink all over the handbag of a lovely chartered accountant (that was unknown to me). And in the commotion emptied the contents of my wallet on the ground and spent what seemed like about 40 minutes picking everything up again.

Took the gloss off the day for me.

3 Likes

It’s gone very downmarket since the likes of me and @ciarancareyshurlingarmy qualified.

Hello

You wouldn’t see drunk women in our day. The odd one in the profession would be well able to hold onto their drink.

Things were wildly different in the 60’s alright

It was tea and mariettas after mass at the Christmas party in their day.

1 Like

@Bandage @briantinnion

2 Likes

Good luck to our new member. I’m going to assume they’ve had some challenges in life (based on the hashtags). Good to show Chartered Accountants Ireland is a path open to all.

3 Likes

Congrats @Appendage

1 Like