Your FF bloodlines really come through when it comes to the land dealings

Could you explain please mate?

You buy 10ac for 100k
You transfer 1ac to your sister
Notional value of 10k placed on the land i.e pro rated to your purchase price
This is exempt from CAT for your sister as it is under the siblings threshold
The next week there is an oil find declared in the field
The land is worth 1m an ac
The revenue ring your sister up and say the market value was far in excess of the transfer rate you owe us money

Thats obviously an extreme example. Its a risk. But hardly material. You should transfer it to her before she applies for planning id say to limit the risk if you want to

Thanks mate. Will do. Could that apply to her getting planning? The adjacent smaller field just sold with planning for 100k afaik (it was about that anyway)

Id say in theory, at a stretch, if the revenue were trying to ride you for something else they could argue that

In reality. They wont. If its not worth 100k without planning then why would you value it like that.

Your Solr will engage with a tax expert on your behalf for the transaction for a few hundred euro. This is bread and butter for them.

Thanks mate. CCHA as always gave me a good steer (get a solicitor rather than chancing the slightly fluid opinions of lads who largely run tax scams for mnc’s)

1 Like

Sound advice

perhaps i posted in the wrong thread.

In fairness, what would chartered accountants know about tax or pensions?

Good to see that swift action has been taken against Sean FitzPatrick.

they did better than the ODCE and DPP, i spose.

quick question eile for the accountants: on revenue online, theres a tool that purports to dole out the married couples tax allowances so as to maximise them, is it reliable?

Can’t help with that mate.

1 Like

A good tool sorts most marriage issues art :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

wahey!!

Anyone heading along tomorrow?

No

I haven’t been since 2008.

The day the music died.

I had sold my soul long before that.

I’ll see you there, pal. God willing of course.

What’s the dress code?