FAO Clare folk

It’s not bad for grub to be honest. Not much better in Lahinch town which isn’t great for food. Vaughans out the road to Liscanner is good for seafood.

1 Like

the best bit of grub in Lahinch is probably in the Atlantic hotel, which is besides the shamrock place you were in. iv spent a week there recently and while you wont go hungry getting very good grub is a futile exercise. but the shamrock is of course a no go area. looneys is overpriced but does the job, not a boozer though.
there is a new place at the top of the town called Tasty Treats or something which is absolutely fine for grub tho not spectacular. Joe’s at the entry to the prom does good daytime food, its a cafe. Randaddys on the prom is an abomination. The Italian on the corner is fine.
for porter The 19th is your only man, has live music everynight and mixes being a proper drinking house with having a good spread of non invasive tvs for all your sporting needs.

1 Like

Haha, we had a look at Randaddys last night but the look of it set off more than a few warning bells.

I’ll be looking to spend the night in the 19th now tonight.

C’mere, the mother loves her amusements. You know them wee arcades or places with the slot machines, and them yokes that oul wans sit at for hours? Bundoran is a great spot for them. Is there any of that around here?

Yip, Ballybunion has loads

1 Like

I get the feeling the local muldoons are trying to mug the nordie off.

No ballybunion does have loads but would be a day trip across the estuary away (which might not be a bad thing?) Ferry from Kilimer (about half an hour from Lahinch) would bring you to Tarbert which is about 20 mins from Ballybunion. You’d most likely get to see Dolphins while on the ferry too.

1 Like

You’d you’d get a fine colour on the ferry from the caustic soda blowing up from Aughinish

3 Likes

Defo. Don’t acknowledge, just give a cold, rueful stare. I’ve perfected the menacing West Belfast accent now, #preferentialtreatment.

Bundoran has no equals on this island.

+1 to all who mentioned Vaughans, the fish and chips are smashing, as is anythng there really… The Atlantic is the best in Lahinch village, decent portion sizes. O’Looneys forget it. Mate has a mobile home over in Lahinch which we use so I know it fairly well. One of these roasters who thought taking up surfing might cosmopolitonise him [i know its not a word btw]

2 Likes

Sorry now, it’s a tacky rundown Shithole. That pub with the two auld wans is the only decent spot, Brennans.

2 Likes

It’s great. Joe O’Neill’s pub was the place to be back in the day.

A bauxite tan.

Heading out to the Cliffs later on. Will stop in Vaughan’s for the dinner so.

Tripadvisor can go shit in it’s hat.

TFK :ronnyroar::ronnyroar::ronnyroar:

6 Likes

If you are any way mobile at all and you get a chance, try some of the cliff walk from Liscannor to Doolin.

In my humble opinion, it is the most spectacular walk in the country, if not these isles.

Sober up though. A fair old drop.

1 Like

On my now daily (2 from 2) visit to the 19th, I was greeted by a well made-up young barmaid and a heavily set fifty-something supping on a Carlsberg in the corner. We yapped away about Thomas Barr and oul Pat Hickey for an hour or so before he beckons the young barmaid;

“Ciara, have ye the landline in there?”

We do, yeah. Do you wanna call someone?

He says “Can you ring xxxxxx (number hidden for privacy reasons) and just say ‘Tom, your Dad is in the 19th and is ready to go home.’.”

ONLYINIRELAND

15 Likes

You still around pal?

Bundoran :joy:

3 Likes

Just back in the hotel after a couple in the 19th via Vaughans for dinner. Full tfk report to follow tomorrow.