FAO Of Gman

these places are almost gone, for shame

1 Like

Showers and boilers expert. Fair play. @padjo didnt even respond, the cunt.

2 Likes

Noble effort but no use to @Rocko. That’s a grant available for updating trv’s and remote control of the system. There is no grant available for simply replacing the boiler.
Rocko wouldn’t be acquainted with many lads who’d be able to source a new boiler however. That’s the proclivity of canny rural lads… :wink:

1 Like

I called over, the radiators just needed to be drained…

2 Likes

May I ask you @FatChops
Our boiler has a boilery bit. Next to it is a big water tank thing, possibly an immersion. Anyhow there’s sort of a, dead end downward pointing sump type thing somewhere in the system between the two in the copper piping, which drips about a bucket of water every fortnight, and the water pressure reading very gradually drops on the boiler, so’s I’ve to open two other valves nearby to get it back into the green again (I’m not sure how I learned to do this, I suspect I googled it)
Anyhow, what’s likely the problem would you have any idea?
The lad that services the boiler is a gent, but I don’t think he’s the sharpest tool in the shed.

you service your own boiler? :smiley:

1 Like

That’s a very personal question

1 Like

wahey!!!

Sounds like you’ve a leak.

Is it air you’re replenishing or water, when you open the valve? Either way it sounds like you are replenishing the pressure which is leaking away over time.

Air in the system can be a problem for a number of reasons, one of which is often overlooked - oxygen rich water. The end result is rust and gunk on the inside of the your central heating system… blockages and system inefficiency precedes leaks and failure.

Water, definitely mate

All systems loose water over time. You’ve probably a valve in your system that releases high pressure water into the system when your system pressure drops. Identifying this valve is the problem. You’ll need the right man to look at it. Basically you’re topping it up manually.

Surely the valve is the bit thats leaking into the bucket??

Agreed…

You might be running the system too hot, and that’s an over pressure or over temperature valve. That trips and you loose water, so that means you loose pressure, giving you the above problem.

That’s an emergency valve. Hence the bucket. That should not be happening ongoing.

All the above are just educated guesses to be honest.

1 Like

Thanks mate. You’re a gent. Always have been.