FAO Rocko

Rocko, im seeing a lot of quislings on the site who sre against a United Ireland…must be some kind of bug?

1 Like

It appears this is only happening on mobile for me …

If you refresh your browser and then read it seems to work.

An awful lot of this happening today.

I just posted there now in the Fair City thread but it didn’t rise to the top.

I wonder why?

@Rocko This issue is happening frequently again on the Limerick matters thread, every time I click in the first thing I see is the same inane “chaaawklit” post by @gilgamboa

1 Like

Ah the limerick lads are trying to keep noni all to themselves. How cute

All grand here @Rocko

@rocko
I think some lads think you’re on a salary here.

Let me know if this unread/read posts thing is still happening after this evening and if it does happen can you post what topic it happens on, what device you are using and what browser.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about them Rocko. The most of them haven’t paid their subs so concentrate on the agri-matter threads and leave the rogbee and grub threads to resolve themselves.

1 Like

Sorted.

Happening for me across multiple threads. Using an Android and Chrome browser

Same here on same platforms

Can you be a little more verbose than “happening for me” please?

• Is it bringing you to the wrong point when you click into a topic?
  • Does the topic show that it has unread posts on the topic list even though it doesn’t?
  • Does the topic list go faded to suggest all posts have been read?
  • Anything else pertinent you might have noticed?

It brings me back to the same point on the thread each time. Almost as if what I’ve read has been frozen and anything further I read doesn’t register.

Yes it shows unread posts, that I have read already.

The topic list doesn’t go faded.

When I refresh my browser it seems to solve it but I have to go back to each thread and go to the end to mark the previously read posts as read. From my limited tech knowledge I’d hazard a guess that there’s something weird going on with cached posts and not updating when they’ve been read? Would that even make sense?

There’s nothing worse when trying to troubleshoot than when fucking idiots send vague, confusing issues to you. “I don’t like what’s happening on my screen right now” type comments. It’s infuriating actually.

2 Likes

Throw the cv out to the forum there and we’ll tweak it for you. It’s time to get @Horsebox out of the call centre for good lads.

This unread problem hasn’t gone away I know. Still researching it but looks like a wider issue than TFK at the moment.

What about the ignore problem? That should be the main priority.