Farewell Labhras

Fuck off back to New York you spoon

10 Likes

Now now.

8 Likes

Now that Labhras’s tenure has all but come to an end, the focus can switch to the Jarlath Burns presidency.

The Jarlath Burns presidency will be a showcase for a GAA president who isn’t a complete sausage.

Jarlaths first bit of business will be to disband Crossmaglen Rangers

We’ll miss big Labhras. The ill fitting suit and the big black county home shoes set at a 90 degree angle is my defining memory of him.

He was a massive disappointment and further proof that the role of the President isnt worth a fanny of a fuck.

His mispronunciation or completely getting wrong the captain’s club will be my Larry memory

1 Like

The GAA is like the government. The faces at the top might change but the people underneath hold all the power

Fucking Milton

Joe will make a great president. He’s already smoked RTE

Jarlath is done lads. He’s absolutely done.

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1762393380271673357

In the past I would have just asked who the woman is but I have matured since - who is the contributor in the green top who does most of the talking there? They make some valid points but I’m trying to work out what the accent is.

1 Like

I think thats Ashling O Reilly, but a few of the more clued in lads here might confirm. Either way, Jarlath has a bit of work to do to come back from this.

Didn’t take long for the Nordie to come out in him

“not necessssssaaaaaarrrrrilly looking for equal funding”=looking for equal funding.
He’ll be clobbered of course, but he’s right.
I really don’t know why the GAA didn’t fight a rearguard action against integration, especially once the ladies organisations did for so long.
There may be trouble ahead.
This will suit the rich counties or the counties with only one team in one sport (or both)
The big house plays 3D chess.

They need to merge with each other first and sort their shit out. I’ve no issue with a long term planned integration and the GAA increasing their funding. But both organisations seem like absolute shit shows at the minute.

2 Likes

From hearing Jarlath Burns speak at events, I think he’s a fairly alright sort but prone to making a gaffe here or there. The woman in that clip isn’t Aisling O’Reilly but i can’t place her. Is it Kathleen McNamee (spelling?) or somebody else? Gilroy couldn’t help himself butting in & HE-PEATING her point at one stage.

3 Likes

Too late, we didn’t stop it or slow it at the start, and it’s done now

Maybe Jarler is trying to blow it up before it happens as he sees the shit show coming down the tracks.

Or maybe I am overestimating him :smiley:

If the GAA blow this up, you can forget about a grant for 10 years.