Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

:thumbsup: Fooking A.

:thumbsup:

Well fucking said…Also used to be on at an ungodly hour on network two, excellently written and some superb characters…Rip Torn and Jeffrey Tambor, what more could you ask for

Jeffrey Tambor reminds me, Arrsted Develpment was decent as well

Is the poll closed?

Edit: Ok it’s not, couldn’t vote there for a minute.

I’m Alan Partridge deserves mention. I laugh non-stop every time i watch it.

Monty Python’s Flying Circus. I don’t recall it having been mentioned so far.

Never really got Monty Python myself, each to their own I suppose

surprised there hasnt been mention of fawlty towers yet. one of the all time classics.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]
Other greats for me would be Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, Friends and The Office.

Family Guy is massively overrated and borders on plagiarism.[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile:

clown

slightly xenophobic & anti irish , very dated & overated

I mentioned faulty towers as well. Adjust your glasses.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Del and Rodney discussing a boat.

Del: ‘It’s made from mature timber’
Rodney: ‘Mature timber? You mean it’s old’
Del: ‘Ah you see the old ones and the best ones Rodney’
Rodney: ‘No we’re talking about boats now Del - not your birds’[/QUOTE]

That’s not funny.

you have my apologies.

Says who?

Of the comedies I have watched here is what I rate.

The Simpsons: Seasons 1-9
South Park: Season 3 onwards.
Entourage
30 Rock
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Weeds
Friends Seasons 1-5
Malcolm in the Middle
Teachers: Seasons 1-3
How I Met Your Mother
Peep Show: Seasons 1-3
Scrubs: The pinnacle is an episode in Season 5 called My Lunch. Everything after is muck.
UK Office is such perfect uncomfortable humour that I get so uncomfortable I can’t watch it.
Arrested Development
US Office of what I have seen is very good.

I agree with Farmer that Family Guy is shite. The episode of South Park that parodied Family Guy really shows you how shite Family Guy really is.

I was disappointed with Extras.
The interaction between Andy and Maggie was tiresome and repetitive. He’d tell her a secret and she’d inadvertantly blurt it out at the most obvious moment later on. Some of the celebrity bits were funny. Others weren’t great.

I have watched a good bit of Seinfeld and have never found it to be that funny. Some bits and pieces are funny but I get the feeling that you have to really want to to be funny. I’ve watched episodes with people and they’d be cracking up when nothing is happening. Or cracking up when something really predictable is about to happen. I end up just shrugging my shoulders and thinking “what the fuck was that, this show is shite”.

I’m the youngest of a medium-large sized family. I irrationally tended to automatically dislike anything that my siblings or parents liked.
So Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses fell into this category. Over time I have come around on Fawlty Towers. I have only seen it in out of sequence and not fully but some of it is pure genius.

I’ve never felt Only Fools and horses was that funny. It’s always been on every now [usually around Christmas] and then and I don’t I ever found an episode to be any good.

I do like Father Ted but most people rate it far higher than I do. Honestly, I think some people go completely overboard about it. It is very good, but at the same time it has some incredibly one dimensional characters including 3 of the 4 main characters. I find it a bit apt that WITJ has Fr. Jack as his avatar seeing how Fr. Jack is probably the most one dimensional character in the history of TV.

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]Of the comedies I have watched here is what I rate.

Entourage
30 Rock
Weeds
Friends Seasons 1-5
Malcolm in the Middle
How I Met Your Mother
Scrubs: The pinnacle is an episode in Season 5 called My Lunch. Everything after is muck.
UK Office is such perfect uncomfortable humour that I get so uncomfortable I can’t watch it.
Arrested Development

I agree with Farmer that Family Guy is shite. The episode of South Park that parodied Family Guy really shows you how shite Family Guy really is.

The interaction between Andy and Maggie was tiresome and repetitive. He’d tell her a secret and she’d inadvertantly blurt it out at the most obvious moment later on. Some of the celebrity bits were funny. Others weren’t great.

I have watched a good bit of Seinfeld and have never found it to be that funny. Some bits and pieces are funny but I get the feeling that you have to really want to to be funny. I’ve watched episodes with people and they’d be cracking up when nothing is happening. Or cracking up when something really predictable is about to happen. I end up just shrugging my shoulders and thinking “what the fuck was that, this show is shite”.

I’m the youngest of a medium-large sized family. I irrationally tended to automatically dislike anything that my siblings or parents liked.
So Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses fell into this category. Over time I have come around on Fawlty Towers. I have only seen it in out of sequence and not fully but some of it is pure genius.

I’ve never felt Only Fools and horses was that funny. It’s always been on every now [usually around Christmas] and then and I dont I ever found an episode to be any good.

I do like Father Ted but most people rate it far higher than I do. Honestly, I think some people go completely overboard about it. It is very good, but at the same time it has some incredibly one dimensional characters including 3 of the 4 main characters. I find it a bit apt that WITJ has Fr. Jack as his avatar seeing how Fr. Jack is probably the most one dimensional character in the history of TV.[/QUOTE]

:clap:

good post

father ted is overated

Seinfeld, shite? Good christ almighty.

I think the biggest thing I can say in favour of Only Fools is that it spanned about 15 years (1981 - 1996) and the quality never really dipped. Of course it came back after 1996 but I would rather wipe that shite from the memory.

It wasn’t really about comedy - often it was about drama and the characters were excellently developed and acted.

To be honest I think it is streets ahead of anything else in terms of longevity and quality, which is the true test of a sitcom.

Hearing “Rodney you plonker” gets tiresome.

Now, Art Vandelay on the other hand…

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]Of the comedies I have watched here is what I rate.

Entourage
30 Rock
Weeds
Friends Seasons 1-5
Malcolm in the Middle
How I Met Your Mother
Arrested Development

I’ve never felt Only Fools and horses was that funny. It’s always been on every now [usually around Christmas] and then and I dont I ever found an episode to be any good.

I do like Father Ted but most people rate it far higher than I do. Honestly, I think some people go completely overboard about it. It is very good, but at the same time it has some incredibly one dimensional characters including 3 of the 4 main characters.[/QUOTE]

I would disagree with most of your points in this post. Horses for courses and different tastes i guess.