Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

[quote=ā€œFlanoā€]Hearing ā€œRodney you plonkerā€ gets tiresome.

Now, Art Vandelay on the other handā€¦[/QUOTE]

Seinfeld is pure gold. ā€œHeā€™s an importer / exporter.ā€ :thumbsup:

Thatā€™s kind of paraphrasing me. I think people have tainted it for me.

People created such a high bar for it and then when I watch it, it gets nowhere near the levels it needs to in order to at the very least meet expectations.
That combined with what I was saying earlier about people watching it and cracking up and the most pointless times has pretty much ruined it for me.

Very mature of you.

All the hallmarks of a wrestling fan. :clap:

[quote=ā€œcluaindiuicā€]Very mature of you.

All the hallmarks of a wrestling fan. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Youā€™re a wrestling fan as well. :confused:

I know.
We are both very mature and tolerant and alright sorts.

[quote=ā€œcluaindiuicā€]I know.
We are both very mature and tolerant and alright sorts.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d agree with that. :clap:

Iā€™ve left out some shows that I quite frankly cant believe I forgot considering they are all in my top ten favourites. Snuffbox, Black Books, Garth Marenghiā€™s Dark Place, The Mighty Boosh and Spaced.

Flano youā€™re view of good comedy is the same as mine. Those shows are quality, and all have elements of surrealism. Though iā€™ve never heard of snuffbox and never seen the mighty boosh. What do you think of Brasseye? Classic show.

Perhaps not in the the pantheon of greats yet, but The Inbetweeners is great stuff.

Bus wankers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ADAIQhhcRY

Ah Brasseye is quality. The Day Today is is brilliant also. Morris is a genius.

Snuffbox is a show written by Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher. Youā€™ll know Berry as Dr Lucien Sanchez but Fulcher is best know for The Mighty Boosh so you may not know him.

watched the last episodes of season 8 of scrubs over weekend and were only alrite ā€¦ early seasons were much better

how far are rte gone in season 8?

[quote=ā€œFlanoā€]Ah Brasseye is quality. The Day Today is is brilliant also. Morris is a genius.

Snuffbox is a show written by Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher. Youā€™ll know Berry as Dr Lucien Sanchez but Fulcher is best know for The Mighty Boosh so you may not know him.[/QUOTE]

How come they only made one series of Garth Marenghiā€™s Darkplace? That show had more legs in it i thought. Six short, whilst memorable episodes, is not enough.

Back to the cave with you.

Not sure really, it think the ratings were an issue, but they did go on and make another show with the Dean Learner, aka Thornton Reed, character called ā€œMan to Man with Dean Learnerā€ after Dark Place.

Shinzon has some huge fooking collection of DVDs. Heā€™s just handed me the first series of Peep Show. I think Iā€™ll head off and watch an episode or 2. Iā€™ve seen the odd episode here and there and I reckon it warrants me sitting down and wathcing the whole show chronologically.

Well worth doing flano, top showā€¦

Yeah it must have been ratings. Unfortunately, i donā€™t think alot of people would have had the IQ for it Flano.

I watched that ā€œMan to Man with Dean Learnerā€ show once or twice (simply because it was a Darkplace by-product) and i thought it was utter tripe.

i concur- top show

[quote=ā€œThe Dunphā€]Yeah it must have been ratings. Unfortunately, i donā€™t think alot of people would have had the IQ for it Flano.

I watched that ā€œMan to Man with Dean Learnerā€ show once or twice (simply because it was a Darkplace by-product) and i thought it was utter tripe.[/quote]

:clap: I actually managed to get through the first episode of Man to Man, mainly because Garth Marenghi was the character that was on the show. I couldnā€™t watch anymore of it though. I just couldnā€™t get into it at all.