Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

[quote=ā€œFlanoā€]What exactly is funny about the Royle family?

(It has a good theme song, Iā€™ll give it that.)[/QUOTE]

In truth i really only enjoyed the battles between Jim and Nana, the rest could be poor most of the time.

Season one of Black books was class. Especially the episode where Linehan makes an appearance early in the morning looking to buy books.

Always loved Father Ted. Will watch South Park when its on. Very funny stuff. Not the biggest fan of Family Guy for the reasons stated in the South Park episode.

Little Britain hasnā€™t been mentioned and while it is not a classic by any means I always seem to laugh when watching it even though the humour is very childish.

[quote=ā€œFlanoā€]What exactly is funny about the Royle family?

(It has a good theme song, Iā€™ll give it that.)[/QUOTE]

Its class. Theres no shite in it. It touched on the serious and the ridiculous without ever getting sentimental or too self invlolved. Many comedies have tried to do this, most have failed. You wanna have a brain to get much of the nuanced humour and running jokes.
Empathy with the human race is also a major plus. Thats probably where your missing out here Flano

If thats what the human race has become I want no part of it.

[quote=ā€œcluaindiuicā€]I thought we had decided that the options were retarded and that WITJ was/is a gimp hence the poll was essentially dead.
[/QUOTE]

no, you were the first person to say that you tool

:wink:

are you mad?
british class humour aimed at th lowest common denominator is what appeals to you?

Have to say that I generally agree with a lot of what NCC has to say, rugby being a particularly strong point of his, but I canā€™t agree with his taste in comedy.

I find the Royle Family excellent. Completeley different and real.

I find South Park to be utter shite.

But there ya go!

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Have to say that I generally agree with a lot of what NCC has to say, rugby being a particularly strong point of his, but I canā€™t agree with his taste in comedy.

I find the Royle Family excellent. Completeley different and real.

I find South Park to be utter shite.

But there ya go![/QUOTE]

weā€™ll have to agree to differ- i think cartman is the best character on TV

Itā€™s crude humour. Being crude is easy. Not being crude and being funny is harder.

But weā€™ll agree to differ.

I think Only Fools and Horses and Scrubs are utter gash. I gag for The Office. Have only seen some of the US version but thinkā€™s itā€™s brilliant too.

I used to love the Young Ones and Bottom when I was younger(I am referring to the TV series for any perverts/paedos who might be reading).

The episode of the Young Ones where they are bringing their dirty laundry to the cleaners is class, I think it was Rik or Vivyans socks with steam coming out of them trying to escape and the boys beating the shit outa them with a frying pan. Loved them at the time but Iā€™d say if I saw them now Iā€™d think they were pure shit.

Anyone else think there is a lot of snobbery towards how Friends is viewed now? At its height it was compuslive viewing and is suffering now due to the endless replaying of it by mickey mouse tv stations. The Simpsons is also suffering a little from this.

Friends was massive because we were told it was. Therefore it was watched by the millions. It was marketed well. Iā€™m not a fan of it at all but it was the ultimate in water cooler conversation at the time.

There were some cracking episodes, the one where they changed apptā€™s was fantastic tv. I accept it went downhill later on, but there was times there in seasions 2-4 or so where it was outstanding tv.

I rarely watched Friends when it was at its height but have watched it regularly since. I think it is a fantastic comedy - I actually think that the quality was kept reasonably high throughout but accepted that it was better in the ealrier days.

Criminally underrated and passed over as being something for the women.

The Simpsons on the other hand took a nosedive in terms of quality.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]I rarely watched Friends when it was at its height but have watched it regularly since. I think it is a fantastic comedy - I actually think that the quality was kept reasonably high throughout but accepted that it was better in the ealrier days.

Criminally underrated and passed over as being something for the women.

The Simpsons on the other hand took a nosedive in terms of quality.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d agree with this. Pity they keep flogging new shit episodes of the Simpsons, itā€™s totally tarnished the entire thing. They should have stopped about 10 years ago.

Incorrect again Farmer. Friends was for birds and weiners only.

Anyone mentioned Alan Partridge yet?

Think it was mentioned somewhere alright. I enjoyed it too, I like that cringe comedy.