Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

I also concur. Donā€™t forget the popcorn. :clap:

Did you see the actor who plays Garth Marenghiā€™s cameo in the office? Quality. A funny, funny man.

Iā€™ve never really watched the Office to be honest. Matt Holness is the guys name, I donā€™t think heā€™s done much apart from Dark Place and Man to Man.

Just checked out wikipedia. Apparently, heā€™s a son of Bob Holness formerly of Blockbusters fame. A curious tidbit there. Also, heā€™s currently appearing on a new Channel4 sitcom called ā€œFree Agentsā€. Iā€™ll definitely be checking that out.

I stopped reading after Page 2, but I didnt see any sign of Black Books mentioned. Far better than some of the shite Iā€™ve seen mentioned on here.

WITJ = fucking spa

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]I stopped reading after Page 2, but I didnt see any sign of Black Books mentioned. Far better than some of the shite Iā€™ve seen mentioned on here.

WITJ = fucking spa[/QUOTE]

Flano and i mentioned Black Books. Great show. Bailey and Moran were some double act. Also, Simon Peggā€™s cameo on Black Books was class.

I agree with your final point.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Peep Show last night. Quality stuff. One line that has stuck in my head is, ā€œI like you, and if you canā€™t handle me liking you well than you can fuck offā€

Canā€™t remember what series this is from. It may be a spoiler so be warned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv27PKxDqY4

Havenā€™t seen most of those but Iā€™ll have a look.

Havenā€™t seen Nathan Barley mentioned. The ā€œyoungerā€¦ youngerā€¦ youngerā€¦ā€ scene on the bus is possibly the funniest tv moment ever.

Human Remains was fantastic.

Impressed by The Inbetweeners so far.

Nathan Barley will probably be the show I watch next after Peep Show, that too has come highly recommended. Itā€™s handy having a relative that has a dvd archive as big as a tv station.

Hippies is also another decent show, not a clasasic but ok.

The Young Ones hasnā€™t been mentioned either as far as Iā€™ve seen.

Interesting thereā€™s no votes for the Simpsons yet. Itā€™s peak era episodes are, in my opinion, the funniest and most satisfying comedy thereā€™s ever been. Unfortunately itā€™s been shit now for longer then it was ever good, which is sad.

I thought we had decided that the options were retarded and that WITJ was/is a gimp hence the poll was essentially dead.

Of those options Simpsons would be my first choice.

Southpark would be my favourite, followed by Family Guy, which iā€™ve only recently been getting into, but is just hilarious.

Anyone mention Reggie Perrin yet. Brilliant performance by Rossiter in it. A bit dated now but still hilarious. Please donā€™t mention the remake which is on BBC at the moment, its shocking.

Has the Royle Family been called yet?? Fookin Genius

The Royle Family is terrible altogether.

Of that list i would pick faulty towersā€¦ Seinfeld was a shocking omission, wins hands downā€¦ of the Brit comedies, the Royal family had it moments.

Nah, tis a fookin class apart lad

Agreed, why the fook would anybody want to spend a half an hour looking at fat English men drinking cheap beer and farting? Dreadful stuff.

Iā€™m very surprised that Iā€™m the only punter voting for The Simpsons.

What exactly is funny about the Royle family?

(It has a good theme song, Iā€™ll give it that.)