Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

thats because its mainly Screws from the Joy who drink in there…still have`plenty of dosh …

I supped a few in O’Neills this evening. A lovely oul place to be fair. Can’t understand how I’ve never been in there before.

On another note, has anyone ever gone drinking in an early house? I’d often be walking by a few in the Pearse / Lombard st area on the way to work and they’re never empty. The lads look happy as fuck inside there. You’d wonder have they the right idea and the rest of us are fools sometimes.

[quote=“Mac, post: 736571, member: 109”]I supped a few in O’Neills this evening. A lovely oul place to be fair. Can’t understand how I’ve never been in there before.

On another note, has anyone ever gone drinking in an early house? I’d often be walking by a few in the Pearse / Lombard st area on the way to work and they’re never empty. The lads look happy as fuck inside there. You’d wonder have they the right idea and the rest of us are fools sometimes.[/quote]
in your case that should read…all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmTGGpb5_Cw

[size=2]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmTGGpb5_Cw[/size]

[quote=“Mac, post: 736571, member: 109”]I supped a few in O’Neills this evening. A lovely oul place to be fair. Can’t understand how I’ve never been in there before.

On another note, has anyone ever gone drinking in an early house? I’d often be walking by a few in the Pearse / Lombard st area on the way to work and they’re never empty. The lads look happy as fuck inside there. You’d wonder have they the right idea and the rest of us are fools sometimes.[/quote]

the wind jammer is a grand spot…a few bogies but never hassle in my experience…everyone seems civilised enough for an early house…the chancery up the other end of quays was a great spot years ago…place would be hopping…people up on the counter dancing away of a sunday morning…don´t know if its still open…white horse was rough shop full of scum…just pure rave and about 15 quid in last time i was there which is probably about 5 years ago…slatterys on capel street was grand…took no messing, again quite civilised for an early house…i hear there´s another place on capel street now that stays open most the nite/morning…apparantly it doesn´t even look like a pub…more like someones front room…

The Padraig Pearse was bustling this evening, with the same lads that were there when I was walking by it at 8.30 this morning. Des Bishop would have a field day with this info.

The Pádraig Pearse has a Monday night “Recession Session” of traditional Irish music. Have never ventured.

looks an awful kip…i drive home that way…some of the vermin outside smoking look right naughty

Hardly surprising

true…hard get across the city without going over a bridge…well observed pal…

True enough, there’s only 24 bridges across it

i find the nearest one the handiest to cross…with petrol being so dear and all…

A true scumbag

No real thread for this but http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/pub-chain-wetherspoon-to-invest-4m-in-dublins-camden-hall-hostel-30836560.html
Wetherspoons on Camden Street :eek: now that would really shake things up. It would also get rid of the major drag on Camden Street that is that homeless hostel.

Wetherspoons in Ireland is worse than any potential water tax imo, we need to bring people onto the street about this if needs be

How so?

Was in the following pubs over the past few days:
Marys, Grogans, Dawsons Lounge, Café en Seine, Bar*, the PH, Long Stone. All grand in there own way. Christmas jumpers everywhere. Thought we as a nation were over them at this stage.

*think that was the name of it, Sth William Street I think, was fairly pissed at that stage.

Have to say Bowes on Fleet St is turning into my fav city centre pub. Tremendous porter, vast array of craft beer and whiskeys and if you time it right in the evening they’ll throw out a complimentary basket of sausage and chips.

1 Like

The hipsters seem to be taking over all the dingy old man spots in that area the cunts. The likes of Mulligans etc are all fucked with the cunts.
Ned’s on Townsend street has resolutely held out due to its inhospitable environment but the cunts will probably take that over too.

@Bisto , would you recommend Ball Alley House in Lucan for a swift half…