Feuds

No. There were frequent threats to “leave this place altogether” accompanied by loud and aggressive threats of violence. Poster would then leave.
These weren’t the days of praise and eulogies, the departed were generally berated and lambasted savagely for a day or two. By day 3 it was as if they never existed.
Lo and behold by day 6 or thereabouts poster would slink back in saying they’d been in Magaluf or somewhere with no Wi-Fi for the week. Cue more scornful abuse but we’re back good to go in another week. Naturally those who’ve left aggressively and returned chastened are noted in the Executive Members section.

5 Likes

I used to get my Irish news here in the evenings after work as I’d be logging on around 5 and the board would have been going well for a few hours.Theres a lot of soft cocks posting here nowadays compared to then.

6 Likes

That sounds very manly and civilised compared to the cloak and dagger stuff that appears to be going on nowadays

bALL oX was banned on a daily basis.

1 Like

Yes but he was always back the next day.The evening of the Flanogate Plenty of Fish was the greatest day ever on here. @The Puke was some buck.The Mulliance was strong in them days though.

I often wonder did he ever publish a book of his poetry. Christ to think that Heaney is as acclaimed as he is. Ball often rattled out 2/3 wonderfully witty and topical pieces a day.

Ball has taken to Twitter now with his musings. He told me recently ‘Twitter is like thefreekick times a million!’

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
Didn’t even know about this place back then

What a thread this is. It’s like the carpark of the old black sheep in coolock after closing time

1 Like

It’s a shite thread. It reminds me of the old generals in ‘dulce et decorum est’, who toddle home and die safely in their beds.

1 Like

The first half of the thread is full of hate and bile

It’s the tfk way kid

1 Like

Great work @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Can someone give me the background on this @Dubhub vs @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy feud? Was there words had in the Ratoath Inn one night or where did it start?

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy started calling @Dubhub a footix and the Dubhub bate him around the forum since

4 Likes

No, not even @Dubhub or @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Pointless shitehawkery about soccer and wanton disregard for the spelling of ‘you’re’ and ‘their’.

6 Likes

Thanks lads, so @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy has been shown up again. Shocking stuff

1 Like

Indeed he has