FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread

Fuuuuck. Mental pace to this game.

14 year old girl at that.

Lozano is some worker

The Irish commentary team have fallen for the mexicans. There’s a love there that’s infectious

A great bit of stuff.

He’s been everywhere in this so far, wonderful player.

As an aside, I’m really missing Italy at this WC. My Milanese mate Luca is bereft. I do hope my Italian brother @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy is not too upset.

1 Like

The Italians are a very emotional lot. One of my best mates here is Italian and he hasn’t watched one minute of this world cup in protest.

2 Likes

The morning (here) of the playoff defeats, I was leaving the house and looked over, saw Luca leaving for work at the same time. A nod of understanding, no words were spoken, no words were needed. It was a very painful and emotional moment for both of us.
In the dressing room before our game today we’re all talking about the WC. He’s normally the one leading the conversation. He didn’t say a word.

2 Likes

Finishing second in that group could well set up an easier quarter final.

There will be no easy QF for England.

1 Like

What’s he protesting about? Some conspiracy theory or perceived injustice about how Italy shit the togs against an average Sweden in the play offs?

Are you asking me to explain the mind of an Italian? I wouldn’t know where to start.

2 Likes

Game very open now; end-to-end stuff.

He’d be thinking of himself mate. This and only this.

Red rover.

Germany under a bit of pressure tonight. They have to win. If its a draw tonight, Mexico and Sweden can do an Anschluss 1982 style job on Algeria last game to take out the Fatherland.

Germany have some World Cup record. Last 8 in 17 of their 18 finals appearances (1938 the exception), 13 semi finals, 8 finals and 4 time winners.

1 Like

I one ended up in the casualty department of an Italian hospital. You wouldn’t believe the wails and histrionics of them.

2 Likes

Delighted for Chicharito after a tough season.

Olé