FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Not much love for the working man on any of the broadcasters. No highlights on any of the three Irish and British stations covering the event til 11.30. Iā€™d have appreciated 30 mins of highlights of the early games from 9.30 on RTƉ a lot more than listening to Dunphy and Giles wittering on again.

Agreed. Only saw the first half of the early game and the first half hour of the Brazil game today so 11.30 it is then.

I had to miss this evenings game but my boys did me proud.
Kim Jung Il can be really proud of his men tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-qGxjI2arY

:lol:

Wish Iā€™d just gone to bed now. BBC just put on a dreadful 30 minutes highlights show. Wish Iā€™d timed it, but there certainly couldnā€™t have been more than 13 minutes of actually showing todayā€™s matches. Instead we were treated to lots of the boring opinions of Shearer and Seedorf, a ā€˜hilariousā€™ skit of how the North Korean official news agency would report this eveningā€™s match, and excruciating banter between Shearer and Seedorf when they showed Shearer scoring vs Holland in Euro '96. The NZ-Slovakia game was treated with utter disdain. Strange camera angles with some kind of weird music playing in the background for the 60 seconds or so of highlights they showed.

+1

Denis Irwin was fairly good on the highlights show. I thought he showed lots of pace and creativity.

:rolleyes:

Weiss couldnt get a game at Bolton FFS :rolleyes:

Stop backing the first round games people. Saw first half of Slovakia game. NZ are epic in their shitness but Slovakia disgraced the game. Midfielders didnt want the ball, strikers couldnt hold up the ball and the defenders hoofed it repeatedly. Playing a rubbish side all they had to do was simply keep the ball and their class would have told. Pass and move. Instead they gave NZ a chance by playing a pre historic brand of football. Complete brain freeze and they bottled it.

Just because a player isnt suited to the kick and rush of the EPL does not a bad player make. However you wouldnt understand this due to your stunted view of world football.

Getting back to the WC, North Koreas state run news network is reporting that their goal was scored last night by Kim Jong Il and was worth 5 points.

Well done to the worlds greatest sportsman, to Kim!

Anyone who saw any of that game yesterday and didnā€™t think Weiss was class is deluded.

He was very impressive and has been on most of his international appearances. Saw him ripping a couple of sides apart during qualifying. Heā€™s young still but if Bolton didnā€™t think he was good enough to play for them then it says more about them than it does about him IMO.

:rolleyes: When Coyle took over he put more ballplayers into the team. Weiss didnt cut it, Jack Wilkshire must be the second coming of Glenn Hoddle keeping him out of the side.

I saw the first half. He was alright, one of the better players but that aint saying much. Actually it is saying fook all as he was up against a pub team. Are you trying to say Bolton are so good that even Weiss cant make their team. He might come good, he probably isnt suited to the lazy ā€˜kick and rushā€™ mantra the sheep on here have applied to the EPL. But dont give me the line that this lad is a world beater or the real deal FFS.

Weiss is a young kid in his first season in the EPL, you want him to be Fabregas right from the off? Sorry, he might not be Fabregas, but heā€™s a more than decent player, as he proved. Wilshire is more than capable of putting a boot in, as seen this season.

Didi Hamann approves the Ger Loughnane method of announcing teams :clap:

Where the fuck is Ossie Ardiles???

Itā€™s a cold, clear afternoon, quite Chile in fact. The South Amerians are hoping to kick some Hondur-ass today and theyā€™ve started brightly.

Not a stellar contest this one. Chile to win pulling up from what Iā€™ve seen.

Oh yes, Chile are hot. Beausejourā€™s goal just reward for a really exciting display so far. Theyā€™ve definitely lived up to their pre-tournament billing as one of the most attacking teams in the world. Itā€™s about time we saw a team play like this.

Highlights were on ITV1 at 10:35 last night Braz, I watched em.

Other channels on sky.

The goalscorer Beausejour is doing his former club Oā€™Higgins proud on the world stage.