FIFA World Cup 2026 - North America

Ouch Chicago

Chicago dropped out of bidding to be a host city several years ago. Not prepared to let FIFA ride roughshod over them.

Disappointing to say the least that the glorious sun drenched Rose Bowl, one of the great World Cup venues, most associated with one of the great World Cup teams - Romania 1994 - has been overlooked in favour of the horrid corporate void of So-Fi stadium.

Kansas City’s Arrowhead Stadium looks an exciting choice though. Probably my favourite NFL venue.

1 Like

Just the 104 games at the 2026 World Cup, up from 64 in 2022.

12 groups of four with the best eight third placed teams qualifying for the last 32.

Will Stephen ‘Spock’ Kenny get us there I wonder?

The planet will be blown up by then anyway

Fucking horsey set no doubt

This tournament going to take 56 days or was i hearing things? Surely not.

The tournament itself will be 39 days but it’ll be about 56 altogether when you factor in the time the players are away from their clubs before and after.

Ah right.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

My exclusive prediction for the dates of the 2026 World Cup is Wednesday June 10th to Sunday July 19th, 2026.

June 10th-June 26th Group Stage
June 27th-July 2nd Sixteenth-Finals
July 4th-7th Eighth-Finals
July 10th/11 Quarter-Finals
July 14th/15th Semi-Finals
July 19th Final @FIFA World Cup Stadium New York/New Jersey

If you could do a possible prediction regarding geographical centres or cities each group will be centred around that would be great.

I’ll be there all going well. Have free accommodation in Monterrey that I plan to use

56 days definetely a bit long for me anyway.

England Italy final.

Could be same day as the Hurling final.

I’d say you’re safe enough it’s unlikely you’ll make the final 22

That’s the same final I’d go for at this point.

I’ll go for Gareth Southgate as England manager and Antonio Conte as Italy manager.

1 Like

FIFA: "The 2022 World Cup was the greatest of all time.

Also FIFA: “Let us change the format immediately”

The format change was a bit like Brexit in that a 48 team World Cup had been set in stone for some time.

All that remained was the precise definition of what a 48 team World Cup would mean.

The World Cup just gone was a bit like a family from Lincolnshire holidaying in Italy in 2019 after years of going to Torquay or Bognor Regis and marvelling at the ease with which they could fly through customs and thinking to themselves “wouldn’t it be great to send the kids here on an Erasmus programme when they’re in college”?