Fifth Columnists for Russia in the West

Im not sure why this is disgraceful mate. She is clearly pro-Ukrainian but is railing at all the causes of wars, however incidental. I think it’s unbalanced and a bit naive but Connolly is still a td worth her salt.

3 Likes

What exactly do you think would happen if Ukrainian women said out loud “Not in our name”?

She’s talking about mass protests mate, but (as with much of her focus) it’s mostly about women. Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people have expressed the wish for there to be huge protests from withing Russia. You were talking about going to the embassy yourself yesterday.
I think sids issue was mostly about her stance that nnato was in some way culpable.

I was outside the Russian Ambassador’s house on Ailesbury Road. The Embassy is on Orwell Road. There was a nice atmosphere, although I was nearly the only Irish man at it. Some great looking Ukrainian birds. Lots of families - Georgian, Polish, Lithuanian, Ukrainians. There was a nice young Russian man with a big sign saying “Please forgive us”. I shook his hand.

She refuses to acknowledge the cause of the war - who is to blame for it.

That is the most basic medium through which to understand what is happening.

Her deliberate misreading of what has happened - which is due to her particular ideology - is grotesque.

Could you imagine the reaction if she stood up and blamed western pro-Palestine campaigners when Israel goes on a mass bombing spree in Gaza? That is the equivalent of what she is doing here.

This whole thing is the ultimate litmus test of everybody’s worldview. Fail it, and you’ve failed everything. Being soft on Russia is the gateway to grotesque views on everything else.

Connolly has failed that litmus test.

Douglas MacGregor

Catherine Connolly is an impressive lady. That’s a brilliant response to the crisis.

1 Like

We shouldn’t ask why they think this. We know the answer. Mass propaganda. It poisons people’s minds.

Pat Robertson

Jeremy Corbyn

John Mearsheimer

University College Dublin on Twitter: “University statement on Ukraine University College Dublin joins the Irish Government and wider society in its concern with the situation in Ukraine, and in particular with the violation of international law and the unnecessary and tragic human suffering and loss of life.” / Twitter

UCD

Noam Chomsky

Vincent Browne

I interpreted that comment differently. I thought he was saying we should provide arms to Ukraine.

I think it was Vincent pointing out that the FS has no problem throwing their weight behind unjust wars started by western nations.

Any reasonable reading of it says it was pro-providing armaments to Ukraine.

Spiked Online

Awful reek of desperation from some pulling up points made supporting Russia and Putin before this year.
Almost as if the leap can be made agree on anything prior and you agree with invading a sovereign country. Not like this tactic of leaping has created people like Putin , they never see that

1 Like

The same lads who wanted Kremlin patsy Jeremy Corbyn in power.