Fingal stands up to the GGA bigots

Does the FAI/LOI do anything other then look for state hand-outs? Giving these incompetent cunts so much money and support in a time of recession is frankly incredible, at least the GAA or IRFU won’t fuck it all away.

How are the FAI more profit orientated than the GAA?

[quote=“artfoley”]and nowhere withing sniffing of market rent

I would presume it’s somewhere along the lines of the 2k per game ye were paying to tolka

2k rent per week would get you a 4 bed house, not a 4k seater stadium[/quote]

They’re renting in Tallaght! The going rate would be around 1500 a month for a 4 bed house.

They run a league and two cup competitions and partly run another cup competition at senior professional level and lots of other competitions at lower levels and underage.

Is there a national governing body for any sport in this country that doesn’t look for state hand-outs?

I think though that the FAI don’t do a great job of raising their own money, and have made a balls of several stadiums and projects. The other two organisations do get hand outs as well, but they raise huge amounts of their own revenue first and foremost.

There are more than three sporting organisations in the country and with most of the smaller ones, government grants far exceed their own revenue I would expect.

So what? What has that got to do with your argument. Do you consider the FAI a small organisation, they are mickey mouse in a lot of senses, but they are relatively big. We are comparingthe big 3 here in Ireland.

The FAI is riddled from top to bottom with people with no business sense. The IRFU are miles ahead in this sense, with certain counties and parts of the GAA being miles ahead as well, although i would admit the GAA has alot to learn.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]So what? What has that got to do with your argument. Do you consider the FAI a small organisation, they are mickey mouse in a lot of senses, but they are relatively big. We are comparingthe big 3 here in Ireland.

The FAI is riddled from top to bottom with people with no business sense. The IRFU are miles ahead in this sense, with certain counties and parts of the GAA being miles ahead as well, although i would admit the GAA has alot to learn.[/quote]

People here seem to complain anytime a soccer team gets help with getting a pitch as its tax money that funds it. I pointed out that this is the case in all sports in this country. If you then mention two organisations that are better at organising their finances that doesn’t make it irrelevant that there are numerous other organistaions relying on state funding to keep their sports going and provide sporting opportunites to the people of this country.

If we are comparing the ‘big three’ here it’s only because you have said so. I was using funding trends across all sports to make a point. Am I to be confined to just comparing the ‘big three’ from now on?

[quote=“giuseppe”]People here seem to complain anytime a soccer team gets help with getting a pitch as its tax money that funds it. I pointed out that this is the case in all sports in this country. If you then mention two organisations that are better at organising their finances that doesn’t make it irrelevant that there are numerous other organistaions relying on state funding to keep their sports going and provide sporting opportunites to the people of this country.

If we are comparing the ‘big three’ here it’s only because you have said so. I was using funding trends across all sports to make a point. Am I to be confined to just comparing the ‘big three’ from now on?[/quote]

Obviously not, but that is generally what we discuss here.
Some Other sports are disgracefully treated, some are over compensated, but i think thats another argument altogether.
We could get into the argument that the Horse crowd (of all sorts) get way too much money and some world class athletes and boxers and the likes get f-all.
But the 3 most compareable organisations in terms of size are the FAI, GAA & IRFU, thats all.

I’d be interested to know what the Dublin bay prawn reckons about all this?:smiley:

I’d imagine the antagonism is related to the thread titles giuseppe.

With Bohemians losing €2 million last year, how long before their toxic debts are underwritten by the governmnent? I suppose they’ll buy Dalymount off them, call it a municipal stadium and lease it back to them at a nominal €1 a year.

If any county treasurer came to the AGM with a debt like that the entire board would be called upon to resign. When will these people start living in the real world?

People wouldn’t complain as much if the FAI wasn’t - unlike the GAA or the IRFU - so incompetently and awfully run. Thats the fucking problem with giving them money at any time, nevermind during a recession. The mess that is the LOI makes the above very clear.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Plus ca change with you eh?
And they continue to fall for it again and again and again…

How’s the baba getting on with the travels?[/quote]

very very well

the whole experience has brought her on loads,where & when are you off? we ordereded a basonette & once the plane took off she slept in it for most of the journey

tripe,

the gga got free land from the land commission in the 30’s, ever since then they have hoovered up all grants-thats how they are so “well run”- NO ONE PLAYS THE DAMN GAMES BUT THEY ARE GOOD AT GETTING GRANTS- WOW- despite GGA football being in decline & about a 1/3 as popular as football & stick hurling been all but dead they still get 33% of all sports grants, the organisation has failed as no one wants to play silly insular rural games, yet they still have no bother know how to get grants at the expense of popular sports-thankfully in fingal GGA is a minority sport & will always be

playing numbers my friend, a sporting orgainsation is well run if a lot of people play it, no one plays hurling so how can you say the GGA is well run?

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]With Bohemians losing 2 million last year, how long before their toxic debts are underwritten by the governmnent? I suppose they’ll buy Dalymount off them, call it a municipal stadium and lease it back to them at a nominal 1 a year.

If any county treasurer came to the AGM with a debt like that the entire board would be called upon to resign. When will these people start living in the real world?[/quote]

the FAI have already done that for them once before,

i agree 100% with your point though

[quote=“artfoley”]and nowhere withing sniffing of market rent

I would presume it’s somewhere along the lines of the 2k per game ye were paying to tolka

2k rent per week would get you a 4 bed house, not a 4k seater stadium[/quote]

its a six figure sum they pay for the season

i assume its Gannon paying their wages- anything else would be a scandal