Fintan O'Toole v Eoghan Harris debate: another thread ruined

Is Eoghan Harris the only thing that unites the entire forum?

1 Like

That’s an up to date list. He definitely was advising harris, maybe not in a paid capacity though

You mean he was advising Martin? Any reference to it anywhere? Not doubting you just wondering what and why.

As I was saying earlier, he’s a talentless asshole, it’s amazing he rose so high. I suppose, Trump.

He’s mentally unwell tbf.

No way would anyone with a modicum of a sane mind be trying to paint themselves a victim and doubling down like Harris is.

“He is said to be an advisor to current Taoiseach Micheal Martin who has received much criticism for his perceived pro-unionist stand on the North”

Not the greatest source in fairness, and “said to be”. Be like something Harris would do to put that about himself. I’m dubious.

He wrote one of Martin’s big speeches in last year. Can’t remember which one but was well known.

Eoghan Harris wife: Dolly White on Twitter is me, named after my dog

Mark Tighe

Sunday May 16 2021, 12.01am, The Sunday Times

Eoghan Harris’s wife has revealed she is behind Dolly White, a pseudonymous Twitter account that is now the subject of a High Court application to compel the social media platform to reveal its owner.

Gwen Halley, a former Sunday Independent journalist, confirmed her involvement following her husband’s sacking from the same newspaper earlier this month for running a Twitter account under the Barbara J Pym pseudonym.

On Friday lawyers acting for journalists Aoife Moore and Allison Morris sought High Court orders against Harris and Twitter compelling them to reveal the identity of the users behind a number of accounts, including Dolly White.

Gwen Halley insists her tweets about Moore were never abusive, or about her gender

Speaking before the application was made, Halley said she decided to speak out because Harris had been wrongly accused of making misogynistic attacks using the Pym and Dolly White accounts.

Since it was set up in 2017 the Dolly White account, which had just under 400 followers, mainly criticised politicians and journalists, including colleagues of Harris at Independent Newspapers, that she deemed to be “soft” on Sinn Fein, the tycoon Denis O’Brien or the tanaiste Leo Varadkar.

“I just feel that he’s been traduced,” said Halley, who married Harris in 2007. ”It’s the thing that’s most upsetting to him, as well as myself, because Eoghan can always deal with the politics and with the Shinners. The ‘misogynistic’ smear disgusts us because it’s a distortion of the facts.”

Halley insists her tweets about Moore were never abusive, or about her gender.

Halley agreed many of her tweets supported her husband’s views

“Barbara Pym’s focus was Northern Ireland while Dolly was more interested in the minutiae around Leinster House,” Halley said. “I want to dispel the lie that Eoghan was Dolly White. We both loathe Sinn Fein. We both feel the media and the political class are giving them an easy ride.”

Halley said she used a pseudonym in order to avoid being personally attacked. “I wanted to cut down on the amount of Sinn Fein badgering I would get if I went under my own name. I have a dog named Dolly and she’s white, so ‘Dolly White’.”

Halley agreed many of her tweets supported her husband’s views. “Eoghan and I are a political marriage. I come from a Fine Gael/Progressive Democrats background which would have a visceral loathing for Sinn Fein/IRA. You wouldn’t expect Eoghan to marry a Provo.”

I thought Dolly was a student who could get inside his head?

I’d say he was worried about the IP addresses and cookies for that defence so this is the only other option left.

5 Likes

Should be fairly easy to prove his sister’s account one.

Look at who 1/5 of the followers on one of Harris burner accounts were.

David Davin Power - RTE
Ronan McGreevy - IT
Ben Lowry - Newsletter
Mick Clifford - Examiner

Mad that they’d all follow that random account

Definitely.

The account only had 20 followers. 4 of them prominent Irish journalists.

Mick Clifford has had a number of extremely hostile articles towards SF lately.

Is this a recent photograph of the woman who is married to Eoghan Harris :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

Best not to think about it…

1 Like

Are the Halley legal family and the Halley horsey people all the same kin?

Social media really shows us how fucked up people are. It’s poison but people just can’t help themselves…

1 Like

He was writing a bit recently about Ardkeen Stores so she might be one of the Waterford Halleys a branch of whom are the legal family.