Fire fire fire

Manns Ballintemple Inn, last night

NCW

Fuck it, any update on damage ?

Nope

Ah jaysus, poor Davy, that place was flying for him and he put huge effort into it

Had a bit of a spook early this morning. Woke up to smokey house. Relic of a boiler got the yips. Most of the house still stinks of smoke several hours later. No real harm done.

Get them boilers serviced.

4 Likes

Car on fire on Guild St, just beside Sheriff St. While you’d hope that it wasn’t arson you’d be absolutely spooked if you thought a car would do that spontaneously. For a bit it looked like the apartment block beside it might be in bother, as the residents of those apartments gazed out at the fire from their balconies. Meanwhile the traffic, luas, pedestrians and cyclists all insisted on passing the scene through acrid thick black smoke.

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2022/0517/1298431-carlow-fire/

Meant to post about this one on Sunday. A certain crowd who mustn’t be named weren’t served in the Porterhouse pub on Saturday, so they sent their offspring to light the building beside it on fire. Luckily it didn’t go near the pub. A big renovation job done on it, and it only opened up for the first time in a few months that very Saturday.

Ferns getting a bit excited lighting the bonfires a bit prematurely…

Straw burns

Some hotel due to host asylum seekers in Galway next week going up in smoke.

Not far from your gaff @flattythehurdler?

https://x.com/VideosIrish/status/1736202856879853954?t=ZtVTot81bq0o2dwscgYdtQ&s=19

Galway Crystal Nacht.

Welfare immigrants?

You can’t even burn down buildings due to house asylum seekers and they call you a fascist these days.

2 Likes

A long way. I’d say it’s 10 miles out the road. In any case I’m in tanland so my alibi is tight.
It is absolutely abhorrent though. I can’t get my head around the level of stupidity and ignorance which would allow this level of bigotry and hate to flourish to a degree that would have a human being burn an expensive building just so folk less fortunate couldn’t seek shelter there.
Ah it’s like the Israel thread. You couldn’t be up to reading it much more because evil seeps from it.

4 Likes