Fistoffury RIP

RIP

1 Like

There’s no good time to lose anyone of course but particularly sad at this time of year to lose such a young man. @fistoffury loss is truely heartbreaking considering the young family left behind. Rest easy and God speed

7 Likes

Sad news indeed.
RIP

1 Like

That’s brutal stuff. RIP.

Thoughts to ye all.

1 Like

This is desperately upsetting news.
I’d say fistoffury is probably posting here as long as most of us since the absolute glory days of the INTERNET from 2008 to 2012.
I don’t recall him ever been caught up in much of the crossfire but I’d know him as a passer by from the threads, I wouldn’t read the American football or hurling dedicated threads but we’d have saluted each other say in the office jargon thread maybe…like I’d know he was there, he’d know me, that kind of way if it exists on the Internet…

Christ lads…I read there the man had a young family also…Jesus …like I wouldn’t have a clue about those things, we’re all just oddballs and cranks in my book with a bizarre addiction so I actually see us all as colleagues in a strange way…we pile hours of our time into a hobby that has no return aside from your wife potentially or in my case actually reading some of the stuff you posted here drunk 7 years ago that you’re ashamed of and could see you in court for defamation or unemployed or worse in that you hurt people here with what you said albeit in jest at the time but you can never tell what a man can be going thru.anyone of us…and like you wonder why you do it at all…but you can’t stop and you then regard fellas here as colleagues also…like I’m terribly upset at this news…I’m not right at all after it but I’ve no clue who this poor lad is…but I now know he has a young family and friends and I find this utterly devastating as he is now dead and their sense of loss must be horrific …the people who post here aren’t meant to die or have feelings but then when you realise that they do and it js only thru death or illness or loss that you actually feel it in some…sort of way…I can’t qualify this yet…I need to play it thru

My absolute condolences to his pal who posted the news earlier also
RiP

62 Likes

A great post

3 Likes

That’s a tremendous post

1 Like

Great post.

RIP @fistoffury,

1 Like

You wouldn’t be normal if a lot of that didn’t cross your mind. I’d say most lads had the same train of thought … These screens humanity are now addicted to , they’re quare things. They paradoxically eliminate distance yet at the same time create enough distance that people feel they can do and say stuff they wouldn’t in real life. Obviously message boards are firmly in the latter camp, it almost becomes a game or a character you slip into. Then you learn of a real life tragedy to another player and the walls come crashing down. Obviously, we’re all human and our humanity quickly comes to the fore but are you upset because a stranger has passed away or suffered or because the illusion has been shattered? Like you said, there’s not supposed to be a real life person with problems at the other side. Fist was here since 2008. 13 years of my life. I knew him but I never knew him. I’m here in my daughter’s room watching her sleep, she has a slight temp from covid do I’m sleeping in her room … The thoughts of fist’s young lad oblivious to the reality of what’s gone on is something that’s truly upsetting tho I never knew any of them. I don’t even know what the point of this post is except to say you’re alright for a cunt, Mick.

30 Likes

I gave that a like even though I’m not sure why.

2 Likes

Did @fistoffury follow Green Bay in the gridiron by any chance?

1 Like

He was a Patriots man way before the likes of @Thomas_Brady jumped on the Brady bandwagon.

2 Likes

Before 2002? fair play.

1 Like

RIP @fistoffury

1 Like

Sleep well @fistoffury

1 Like

We are closing now everyone. Back online later.

5 Likes

Site is back online.

17 Likes

a nice touch @Rocko

Things like this always make a someone question their mortality, 38 is no age.

Live every day like it is your last gents, some days that will be sitting on your hole eating crisps, others it will be sniping at someone over graphs on the internet, but give everything your all.

It can be taken away far too soon.

24 Likes