Fistoffury RIP

As a mark of respect to the late @fistoffury TFK is closed for posting this morning (4th January) until some time this afternoon. The forum will remain open for reading but posting won’t be possible.

A completely inadequate response to a heartbreaking situation but worth doing all the same. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

109 Likes

Good man Rocko.

2 Likes

Fair play @Rocko .RIP @fistoffury.

1 Like

Is tomorrow morning the 4th of January.

Nice gesture btw Rocko.

2 Likes

Fair play

1 Like

@Achtungbaby
I wonder whether it would be possible at some point to post an obituary, or a club statement or something. I’d like to read about him.
I’d also like to do something, however small, for seebeyondborders in his name. Cc @RaymondCrotty
I think it’s something very small like a thousand euros to pay for a teacher there for a year. If people wanted to put in ten or twenty euros, I’ll make up whatever difference there is for a teacher for a year. Maybe in the fullness of time you could tell his family.
It would be something anyway.
He was the first thing I thought of getting up this morning, and he will be the last thing I think of going to sleep tonight, and his family.

29 Likes

RIP very sorry to hear this. Good man @Rocko

1 Like

RIP ; good gesture @Rocko

1 Like

Just looked up his Obituary on RIP.Its even more sad when you see his photo even though I never met the man.Incredibly sad.

12 Likes

I will get fully behind all of this, I’d also really like to read about him too. I know some posters were talking about his club mentioning it on FB etc. so maybe some could post a link up here if it’s deemed appropriate

2 Likes

Just saw this now, there’s mention of donations to Donate - Bone Marrow For Leukemia Trust. No offence to @RaymondCrotty but I think if we are doing a collection we throw a few bob at this one too

7 Likes

Himself and joe player will be looking down on us I’m sure in between chats about Clare gaa. RIP.

17 Likes

I looked it up too. So sad. A young, happy man in the photograph. Lads, treasure what ye have. Treasure it.

10 Likes

Very sad such a young man. God rest your soul fistoffury. :pray:

1 Like

RIP @fistoffury

1 Like

So sad.

2 Likes

RIP @fistoffury.

1 Like

Great move @Rocko

I looked up RIP too, heartbreaking for his friends & family

RIP

2 Likes

Same, it’s an awful strange feeling of loss for a stranger on an internet forum but it was the same with @Atticus_Finch and @Joe_Player. Personality and shared or common interests be it sport, tv series, politics etc shine through the anonymity to the larger percentage of posters and are in hindsight enhanced by posters who knew them in everyday life.

@fistoffury like all posters here brought a unique individuality to the forum that although cannot be replaced will always be remembered as long as this place continues. RIP Fisty, you will be missed e-pal.

44 Likes