Fleadh Cheoil in Ennis August 2017

Some gimp absolutely butchering the Galway Shawl on Fleadh TV now

1 Like

From Louth…the pressure on them next year after this is gonna kill em.

That young lad from Cavan is fuckin lively

Fuck it, I’m going to go down and tear the arse out of the tail-end of it tomorrow night

It’ll be quiet at 7pm tomorrow i believe. Go down early and hit the Old Ground lobby. It’ll be hopping til 4 o’clock and then the depression and sadness will hit in and they’ll be knocking down beer gardens and all that shite

Boxty’s granddaughter (fresh from notching 2-02) in a Cúl camp blitz at U-12 (she’s 10) was robbed in the final of the fiddling contest.
Her Grandfather wouldn’t have been beaten for "fiddelin"

5 Likes

Ye married well,

1 Like

great memories but if i had a rope right now id fucking hang myself. the fleadh would knock the shit out of you. its a young mans game.
iv re connected with traditional irish music though, i have picked up a few new tunes aswell and i have to say the young lads are really driving it on. we are in the middle of a traditional music revolution right now. im in love with it again. saying that i stopped in birdhill yesterday evening to make a shit and there was a young lad sitting outside on a bench playing a tin whistle and i had to restrain myself from driving the little cunt through the glass door.

11 Likes

Someone get this cunt a rope…

1 Like

The Monday club is open. I’m not ready to face the reality of no fleadh

3 Likes

you must have left a small fortune in ennis over the week kid.

the guts of a grand, and I was happy to do it

1 Like

They’re still at it anyway. Ciaran’s is wedged with lads buck-lepping and roaring

3 Likes

The pretend lads have pretended to go home though.

Clare is the spiritual home for this . A bit like a Munster final in thurles .

1 Like

we love our music

God ye do .

Thinking back now, I never felt as Irish as I did Saturday evening. I was immersed in Irish culture for those few hours and it was an utterly thrilling experience. The only thing remotely comparable would be those few hours the morning of playing in a county hurling final. Luckily I have experienced both.

5 Likes

I don’t like labels, but that is the label I like, I was Irish and I was from Clare for a few magical hours

1 Like

With all that joy you’ve had in your life it’s a shock that you’re such a negative miserable cunt who worships a made up character on the internet

1 Like

Fuck off out of this thread with your lickspittle negativity.