Fleadh Cheoil in Ennis August 2017

I was caught by the balls inside there and I liked it

10 Likes

@Tassotti are going in today? Would it be hopping?
It’s absolutely fucking pelting rain. I’ll probably fuck off home.

1 Like

I’m only going out of Micky Kern’s now with no sleep.its hopping. I’m having a shower and getting my bag for the half six to Gatwick. I just scuttered myself.

5 Likes

Boys

It sounds epic . Nearly as good as Derry .

These pretend fiddle musings over the last few days have been very, very boring, kid.

cc @Tassotti.

3 Likes

I’m in the queens hotel Lobby, it’s hopping kid

1 Like

Not aimed at the like of you in fairness.

3 Likes

Get stuck in kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMWhkeyGvE

CC @HBV

In fairness…i never seen anything like last night. It was fuckin savage!

Ennis was rammed. The drinking, grinding, singing, playing, fiddling, fingering, flirting, fucking and shitting that was going on were to behold.

12 Likes

Try hard bastards

1 Like

Jez lads im fucked after it. I’ll have to get a medical review or something to assess life expectancy…

1 Like

I’ve an awful collection of filthy underpants here to deal with

2 Likes

Would you ever bring a spare pair of underpants out with you ?

2 Likes

I almost splattered the pants two or three mornings but luckily enough managed to sail through and had the odd carvery to solidify the Guinness in me.

Had to do umpire at a match in Dublin this morning…as soon as i got home id to run to the Jacks…a minute longer and the jeans the whole lot would have been soiled.

Sharon Shannon is on now on the welevision. Shes fucking mad craic! I once saw her running around the homeplace with a bed sheet over her at 4 or 5 in the morning frightening the locals.

Im certain if id have stayed down today id have required treatment for ‘problems’ later in the week, starting with a week in Limerick regional hooked to a drip…Twas that fuckin good lads…Ennis was fucking hopping…we know how to drink and do music down there!!!

5 Likes

never. live or die.

Her sister Mary was playing down in Kinvara at the Cruinniu na mbad earlier. Tullys was hopping

1 Like

thats a tremendous post, when the pressure was on I was able to recreate the old days and drink myself back sober again. The last fleadh in Ennis was in 1976 before this, I won’t see the next one, but by good, we done it last night, the thought of @HBV hammering the fiddle outside the clare champion office is a thought that will live long in my memory and me singing “my lovely rose of clare” in mickey kearns and banging out a bit of whistling this morning, i just rang home to tell them to buy me a fleadh hoodie as i forgot, the young ones rubbing of me and grabbing my mickey, memory that will last a lifetime

6 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

I bought a Fleadh top on Wednesday…i was in Abbey St. Car Park looking to go ape shit at the gig rig and that pain in the hole from Clare FM was above yelling into a microphone. Anyway i was freezing with all the drink and desolated state of my body with no food or proprt hygiene in about 24 hours - i went in and bought this top and threw it on.

This young cunt was going around with a laser pointing it at me and laughing. I spotted him in the Car Park then a few minutes later and he at it again. I took it off him and fucked it into the River Fergus and told him to fuck off back to wherever the fuck he was from.

I went drinking in around town all day then with my Fleadh top on. I asked Blackie and Andy Mc to sign it at 3am up in the Old Ground on Saturday morning but we couldnt find a marker and i was stocious!

3 Likes