Fleadh Cheoil in Ennis August 2017

Mairead is gorgeous .

Sun is back out. Epic Monday Club in session I’d say.

Here we go lads, round 2, I’m getting the redeye in from Heathrow on Wednesday night, its going to be tantalising

5 Likes

I’m posted up at the bar of the Diamond Tass. Tá sé ar nocha :beers:

1 Like

I’m only getting the red-eye now mate

It’s a fairly late red-eye then

I heard its lost alot of its appeal and is just another drink fest with loads of festival junkies with no interest in music.

True? Was considering a trip

You heard wrong

Not true

You’ll get plenty of music if that’s what you’re coming for, and if you’re just after a piss-up that’s there too. Great atmosphere around the place, young lads and lasses busking and dancing sets every few yards. Still rings authentic enough for me.

1 Like

Mostly young lads playing on the streets is what I have seen . Plus organised concerts I a few stages with all young people too.

Came from one of the singing judges.

But fair enough, i’ll take the Clare view.

1 Like

Maybe in the competition halls. But they were never the focus for visitors

2 Likes

Fuck yeah, the competition business is only a sideshow, it’s the craic on the streets and in the pubs that the fleadh is all about, we took the kids there last year for the afternoon and they had a howl. It’s a great event and I normally hate the diddly eyedyl shit.

1 Like

ill head along myself on saturday. ill be bringing the auld fiddle with me, i have hardly played the cunt of a thing since i was blackguarded in listowel in '02 having walked all over the cheating cunts in the munsters below in skibereen. my youngest now is a mighty fiddler but plays for the fun and the money with no interest in competing. its important to continue the tradition.

10 Likes

Wow. The bitterness is palpable. 15 years of hurt. We’re here for you, although we’ll be wearing rubber gloves for the hugs.

i never went back to a fleadh since and wouldnt let any of my kids be involved in comhaltas despite them being natural musicians. it was wrong what they did to me.

2 Likes

Would you not play it for the craic? Join a local group for the social aspect?

Thinly veiled my kids have shit musical ability.

Comhaltas have some great people and some utter cunts. Like most voluntary organisations.