Football Betting

A thread to log any Football (Soccerball / NFL) bets for the season ahead. There’s usually a bunch of good suggestions thrown around into different threads and aside from Chewys Mick McCarthy one it might be handy to log them here.

Since the Champions League draw yesterday, the standout for me is Atletico Madrid to win their group at 6/4. Its essentially a 2 horse race and I’d make them an even money shot. For the soccerball experts, how big a chance is there that they could qualify handy enough and put out weakened teams for the last game or two and therefore mess things up by qualifying in 2nd? I also think they’re a cracking back to lay bet on Betfair outright at around 50/1.

As I know fuck all about soccer in comparison to the experts on here please convince me why the above 2 bets are not what I believe them to be.

[quote=“Mac, post: 823995, member: 109”]
Since the Champions League draw yesterday, the standout for me is Atletico Madrid to win their group at 6/4. Its essentially a 2 horse race and I’d make them an even money shot. .[/quote]

who’s the second horse pal?..Porto or Zenit?

Porto

Dublin (-3) - 11/10
Atletico Madrid to beat Sociedad - 9/5

Double pays just under 4/1.

Am also tempted to back Dublin on a crazy handicap of -8 or -9

For those who fancy Arsenal to win tomorrow, 11/2 to win both halves is worth a punt.

I think West brom are blunt as fuck and Swansea are a much better side. I also think Spurs will be animal this season and Arsenal have been talked up by dint of beating Fenerbache twice. But they were shit. So I think there’s value in spurs and they’ll target this.

The double pays over 8-1

Are Lamela and the others lads signed on Friday eligible to play?

Kilkenny is 16-1 to be motm tomorrow. As a fella who often plays other fellas in, if there’s n out standing pointscorer tomorrow, then he has a decent chance of being motm. Hopefully. I’m on it. But nowhere near as much as I had on the Kev bet.

Don’t know. But would imagine AVB has prepped this tactically prior to their signings and will win without them.

I’ve gone a bit crazy and backed Dublin to score more than 2.5 goals at 4/1 and Dublin (-9) at 7/2.

Nothing crazy about it Mac,Dublin could really do damage today if they take their chances!

Never in doubt really :cool:

[quote=“Mac, post: 824562, member: 109”]Dublin (-3) - 11/10
Atletico Madrid to beat Sociedad - 9/5

Double pays just under 4/1.
[/quote]

Looking good now. Atletico 2 up

:pint:

Milan to win CL @ 40/1 this season. No player has had a bigger impact on the CL over the past 10-15 years than Kaka.

Get on Belgium to beat Scotland @ 3/4, buying money

Fair play. I thought you were off your rocker.

Lads, anyone au fait with the new Betfair website? I don’t actually know how new it is but I haven’t logged into my Betfair account in about a year so it is new to me. I’m trying to lay Man Utd to qualify from their Champions League Group but the bet option only seems to appear.

I think United will have a very tough time getting through, there are none of the pushover teams they usually get and I think there is very little between the four teams in the group.

[quote=“Rudi, post: 827686, member: 1052”]Lads, anyone au fait with the new Betfair website? I don’t actually know how new it is but I haven’t logged into my Betfair account in about a year so it is new to me. I’m trying to lay Man Utd to qualify from their Champions League Group but the bet option only seems to appear.

I think United will have a very tough time getting through, there are none of the pushover teams they usually get and I think there is very little between the four teams in the group.[/quote]

Actually scratch that, I wasn’t logged into the exchange part. All is good.

1 point accum this evening

Seahawks
Bears
Falcons
Chiefs
Browns

roughly 17.5/1