Footix of the Day

Get In Jurgen Klopp GIF by Dan Leydon

1 Like

@Aertel220 taking a photo of an eamon sweeney article defending klippity

6 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy complaining about a professional football player paid a fortune to play football being requested to play an inordinate amount of games.

1 Like

oh that boils my piss. They’re all coming out now giving out about the schedule. Would ye fuck off

INVALID entry.

Comment was made by @flattythehurdler on last night’s Champions League match day thread.

1 Like

I submit this in its stead - footix following mid table foreign club team taking solace in performance of apparent rival team of aforemented foreign club team

I was trying to find a plausible reason for o Riley’s apparent drop in form. I get paid to work, but some days you’re worse than others. Just the way it is.

At this risk of this post being fodder for a footix of the day nomination, I think O’Riley isn’t best suited to the McGregor #6 role and has found the move from his #8 role quite difficult. Ange obviously doesn’t have faith in McCarthy, Mooy or Abildgaard to start in that deeper midfield position in the big games.

Great little read this la’

1 Like

Digger knew.

4 Likes

Chortle chortle.

I think we’re losing the true meaning of footixmas if discussing tactics or players best position merits a nomination. It’s more talking about which away fans have the best songs or comparing wage bills after tax and being genuinely happy that your teams are lower than another, for me.

Or talking about homegrown players in a club a couple 100 miles from your home. Shit like that.

Actual soccer talk is non footix

1 Like

What about engaging in bantz and posting pictures on forums and sending them in your WhatsApp groups? You know photoshops and/or genuine pics with witty captions sent by Mancs mocking Scousers and Celts ridiculing Huns and vice versa etc? I think that’s peak footix.

1 Like

@flattythehurdler I see Matt O’Riley was the official MOTM and the UEFA technical observer was very impressed with him. A game of opinions. I thought he took a lot of responsibility but tried to force a few things and misplaced the odd pass and had a couple of wayward shots (along with some good efforts). Still think the advanced role suits him better but he was nowhere near as bad as @Rocko made out. I was disgusted with Rocko btw.

Is he eligible for Ireland?

Already capped by the Ozzies isn’t he?

I dont think so. He played for the tans underage. Could we do a deccie Rice in reverse like

He’s playing with Denmark U21s these days. One of his parents is Danish. Hoping to break into their World Cup squad but don’t think he’s a senior call up yet.

Unrale