Free books( for smallies)

5 Likes

Free download, spotted on board’s

2 Likes

Never liked the downloads/kindles etc for the kids books. Buy the book. Donate or keep thereafter.

Cheers pal.

Same as @myboyblue, I’d much prefer to see a kid leafing through the hard copy of the book. There’s something about turning a page…

1 Like

Our one stone mad for the books. Only thing is she pulls about a dozen of them every night now before bedtime and we’ve to do them all.

2 Likes

Read every single one of them. It’s an investment. There have been nights I’ve gone to sleep with the words to “Papa Please Get the Moon for Me” or “Goodnight Moon” reverberating in my head, but when you see your kids progressing from the BFG to Harry Potter to The Hobbit, you know it’s been worth it.

3 Likes

You’re a wonderful dad, mate.

You’ve inspired me to be a wonderful dad.

1 Like

Oh I never refuse her a story mate. Stone mad for them she is

2 Likes

I’ve the young lad hooked on the irish mythology stories now at the moment.
He thinks Setanta is really naughty for killing the hound.

5 Likes

did you get a book on those @TreatyStones?
im making up various versions of Cu Chulainn and Fionn MacCool
one of them was that Cu Cuchulainn swum down the river boyne past our house to eat the salmon of knowledge with Fionn before killing a fella with a sword

2 Likes

This series of books are very good I’ve found

There’s plenty more besides.

2 Likes

Ya I’ve a couple of books of them. Short ones to keep their interest.
This is a grand one, loads in it:

https://www.easons.com/favourite-irish-legends-for-children-yvonne-carroll-9780717148370

Here’s a dinger for your young footballers

https://www.bookdepository.com/Colm-Gooch-Cooper-Donny-Mahoney/9781788490856?redirected=true&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Base1&utm_source=IE&utm_content=Colm-Gooch-Cooper&selectCurrency=EUR&w=AFFPAU9681N5MMA8VCP6&pdg=pla-824982385190:cmp-9463711619:adg-98687126840:crv-420380901788:pos-:dev-c&gclid=CjwKCAjw5vz2BRAtEiwAbcVILzosmkXIukCBpxokzmlWVSopvfb-d9dHTLo7YZnlldso74k-QyCScBoCuzsQAvD_BwE

4 Likes

Have you been listening to his podcast?

1 Like

No mate. I’ll check it out, thanks.

Cracking book here for the young Republicans in your lives, I’d wait till they were about 10 though

Here’s the kind of thing you can expect inside

1 Like

Good for her, best present ever a book

1 Like