French open

thoughts & speculation

Nadal will win the mens without dropping a set.

Womens a lot more open. Ivanovic was impressive today. Could be worth a few pound.

Great to see Andy Murray flying the flag for British and Irish tennis by safely securing his passage into the last 16 today.

:smiley:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

You know me Puke - I bring a British and Irish Lions attitude to all sports.

I haven’t seen any of the tennis but would appreciate it if someone could give me a heads up when any of the women hotties or Muzza are on court.

Am in a state of shock as Nadal has dropped a set.

:clap: :smiley: :clap:

Nadal just after been beaten. :eek:

Nadal out. Apparently Powers have laid a bet of 50k on Federer at 9/1 outright, I’d say that particular punter is laughing at the moment.

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]Nadal will win the mens without dropping a set.

Womens a lot more open. Ivanovic was impressive today. Could be worth a few pound.[/QUOTE]

:clap:

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]

Womens a lot more open. Ivanovic was impressive today. Could be worth a few pound.[/QUOTE]

Must starting thinking with my head and not my panse.

Anyone see Monfils’ game yesterday. He scored the best point ever I’d reckon - he was out wide after receiving a serve, had to race across to reach his next shot sliding across the clay in the process, got back into the centre for his next shot and had to dive to reach it. He then came to the net and won it on his second shot up there I think. Epic.

Saw that last night, was some effort alright. It’s funny, the French crowd seems to being out the best in Monfils, then you have lads like Almagro and they just freeze in front of their own crowd.

Depends on how you approach the thing probably. Monfils looks like a lad who’s happy to be there. Looks like he’s having fun. Having a crowd behind you when you’re like that is gonna help a lot more than if you go in worried about fucking it up.

Surprised Federer’s not been mentioned. Great match last night. Dug deep. Can’t help feeling there’s a lot going on his head. A real test of his mettle to go on and win the thing. I really hope he does.

Great chance for Murray to win this now, I reckon. But I’d prefer if he wasn’t playing Verdasco - his forehand is an animal of a shot. Murray needs to frustrate him by moving him around, taking the pace off the ball, throwing in his usual quota of drop shots etc. Your man has a habit of getting frustrated and forcing the issue if he’s not allowed to dictate a power game from the baselinebut I think it could be another 5-setter between them, like in the US Open last autumn. If Murray can get by him then I reckon it could develop into a special week for British and Irish tennis but it’ll be very, very tough.

Verdasco’s out. He’s playing Gonzalez who also has a mammoth forehand and serve. Reckon Gonzalez will beat him tbh. It’s quite an open tournament now with Monfils and Del Potro also threats. Even Davydenko’s capable of winning it. Just think Federer is over-thinking it.

I was attempting to refer to Gonzalez but called him Verdasco for a reason unknown to me. Think Verdasco knocked Muzza out in Australia so maybe that was in the deep recesses of my mind. Either way, it was a sloppy error and for that I apologise. I think Murray has quite a good chance if he doesn’t allow yer man dictate from the baseline - easier said than done, I suppose.

Gonzalez has just gone a break up in the third set after they shared the first two. Come on Muzza.

Shit. Muzza just dropped the third set to love.

Murray * 3-6 6-3 0-6 0-1 Gonzalez