Friday Fashion Thread aka The blind leading the blind

Wearing a hoodie in the office tells you all you need to know about a person.

1 Like

Nice bit of clobber

What does it tell you about a person?

They own a hoodie

Yeah, pretty much, but @ScorpioLyons appears to know more than most.

Hoodies should only be worn by an adult man pottering around doing jobs in cold weather. Other than that they are a garment for children. A man who wears them in the office is most likely overweight and/or smelly and inevitably a poor worker. I would give a pass to someone wearing a muscle fit plain hoodie however they are few and far between due to people’s disregard for their physical health and a basic sense of fashion decency. Its all the oversized ones to wrap around the spare tyre waists with horrible big writing or graphics on them. They’d remind you of something you’d use in college as a makeshift oven glove as that’s all they are fit for.

“Look the part be the part motherfucka” - Prop Joe

3 Likes

Whatever you say. How do you get away with clown shoes?

If you are a serial hoodie to work wearer and someone hasn’t had the deceny to tell you to catch onto yourself I’d consider finding a new place of work where your coworkers will be honest for your betterment.

What if it’s a Hugo Boss hoodie?

Hugo Boss make mildly pleasing safe aftershave but their clobber tends to have BOSS plastered all over it. I’d sooner wear a GAA hoodie to work and if that happens call the doctor and the undertaker.

Casual Fridays are alright but people seem to have forgotten there are 4 other days in the work week.

What should one wear Mon - Fri then?

1 Like

Don’t complicate things. A nice shirt, well fitted. Or a smart jumper or a minimalistic sweatshirt. The quarter zip is a handy thing to have in one’s wardrobe too and would probably be where a hoodie addict would be best suited to swapping to.

Quarter zips are for roasters. The auld classic brand new T Hilfiger one for the Christmas pints at the local. Always go well with a capital D stomach.

If you’re in good nick physically then they look well but yeah too often you see Seamus or Seanie pouring out of one.

1 Like

Roasters ahead of the curve again

2 Likes

They’re not ahead of the curve. It’s just remained stationery and they suddenly find themselves in fashion. I wouldn’t have thought quarter zippers were ever out of fashion, but they are classic roaster pub wear!

Johnny Dineen loves a quarter zip

I’m a serial hoodie to work wearer :flushed:, I love my hoodies :neutral_face:

Quarter zip is now my daily staple. Can be paired with a shirt or t-shirt.

My biggest issue is getting enough of them and in a variety of colours.

6 Likes