Friday Fashion Thread aka The blind leading the blind

He’s way too old for that clobber.

1 Like

Any man wearing loose fitting clothing is only hiding something, or a lot of something.

like all those late 90s, early 00s sports jersies!

Some very good value in quarter zips in the Next sale

1 Like

I just know @TreatyStones will take all that advice and buy the marks and Spencers versions online

1 Like

Being from Limerick I’m not overly familiar with Marks & Spencers.

Now then @TheUlteriorMotive , what do we make of this?

The double breasted waistcoat.

The music hall look is very now.
I’d go so far to say it’s a must for any lad in his twenties off to a wedding.

1 Like

Well chief, I’ve a browny/greyish tweed jacket that I’m wearing with black jeans and black shoes for a do. However I’m a bit kerfuffled on colour choice for shirt and tie. Tie is yet to determined as to whether it will be required. I was thinking classic white shirt and slim black tie or if no tie needed, then a sky blue shirt. Thoughts?

White is safest option. It won’t look bad. May not look great either.

I’d dodge a black tie. If a tie maybe a colour from the tweed

A gingham shirt and striped tie would look great if you feel adventurous

1 Like

I don’t think there is a man alive can pull off a tie with a pair of jeans

challenge accepted training GIF

I think I’ve a pair of slim smart black trousers somewhere which I’ll have to track down at the weekend and if I find them in decent knick I’ll wear those. Very likely they’re gone to the charity shop though.

1 Like

Paul Costelloe cc Celebrity Spotting Thread

Nothing worse than fat blokes wearing skinny jeans , skinny tracksuits etc. Wrong wrong. The clue is in the name of the cut of pants.
SLIM fit. SKINNY fit.

1 Like

yerra if you have the figure for it , it’s grand whatever age you are though yeah, as you get older you get those thin sparrow legs alright !

Skinny jeans are out, guys. Don’t even think about it. A nice slim fitting chino is still good. But skinny - it’s not 2012 anymore.

1 Like

You mean you’re not 24 anymore.

1 Like

A light blue bootcut with a nice slit at the bottom to go over the brown loafers is creeping back in too.

4 Likes