Friday Fashion Thread aka The blind leading the blind

Paul Galvin will release that cut next year for Dunnes.

1 Like

I was killing time in Dunnes a couple of weeks ago, and wandered into the men’s dept. I knew PG had some sort of fashion range and for some reason I wanted to buy something from his range as I find the whole thing of him designing for Dunnes funny/bizarre/good for him type admiration in equal parts. I wanted to spend 50/100 quid and contribute in some small way to Paul continuing to living his dream. I was struck by how utterly terrible each one of the designs and clothes were. I thought I’d get a shirt maybe, they were all collarless. The trousers were laughable, like someone taking the piss. I ended up spending 50 quid on two tshirts which I haven’t wore once. Paul if you’re reading, please call in to Remus Uomo or Hugo Boss or Ralph Lauren and just copy their stuff and put your name on it, you can’t continue like this surely.

7 Likes

I have one of his collarless shirts and 2 of his tshirts. Decent enough quality, but the rest would not be for me.

1 Like

I’ve no idea who buys his stuff. Would a young roaster lad wear it? The first collection or two weren’t awful.

Paul himself is usually very well dressed himself and has a definite cool vibe around him.

@cowpat evidently

4 Likes

I’d say Wooly Parkinson would

1 Like

Yep, the t-shirts are OK. Better quality than the Paul Costelloe ones anyway.

1 Like

I bought a collarless shirt and t-shirt of his when i found myself in a pinch recently. The t-shirt was only €12 and excellent quality. I’ve worn the shirt a couple of times too.

A collarless shirt is a grand item…height of roasterism to insist every possible style of a shirt needs a collar

You’re in your mid 40’s wearing collarless shirts?

They used to call them grandfather shirts

2 Likes

Very surprised at Enrique. I suppose just adopting the uber confident master of the universe persona on here to mask his crippling insecurities in real life. Wouldn’t be that uncommon I suppose

Lol, because I think collarless shirts likely designed for younger men look ridiculous on portly middle aged fellows?

I was picturing you more like yer man in American Psycho than a portly middle aged man tbh but life is full of surprises

I was referring to @gilgamboa of course, but I wouldn’t be caught dead in one either way. I’m off to return some videotapes, goodbye.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself sham

Speak for yourself. I can pull off the look.

The grandfather shirt and a nice bomber jacket is a perfect casual look that will set you above the rest in that situation.

My wife said I looked very smart in it

Mammy TreatyStones said “You’re all shtyle today”

2 Likes