Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

I know there are worse, there are plenty out there. :joy:

I like Mick Mac, I just don’t think he’s likely to be appointed this time. Lennon would be horrific. But I think they’ll again look for a “head coach” rather than a “manager” which will probably rule out a lot of those kinda fellas. Most of them wouldn’t agree to be dictated to.

Big Mick would take a 6 month contract I’d say

Yeah, a massive amount. Did a thing a lot of clubs did, in they jumped from manager to manager, style to style, and allowed each them basically rebuild the squad, squandering money without any continuity or consistency.

There were green shoots along the way, Allardyce going to England was probably the biggest blow. Finished as one of the form teams in the league the season before, he had some key players playing well, and tbf, recruitment is one thing he was quite good at. But he left and then Moyes came in and pretty much gave up instantly. On paper, he was a good appointment but he was just so defeatist right from the start, signed some absolute dross and fellas who were past it.

Then the club was sold to fellas with no money, who cut costs at every opportunity, sold pretty much every asset the club had and replaced them with journeymen on the cheap. Selling Maja halfway through the season cost them an immediate return to the Championship and it’s been poor since then.

On the bright side, the new new owner seems to have put in more of a structure. Recruitment this season has been good, by and large, and all built towards playing a certain way. It’s all pretty much young, technical footballers from Premier League academies who can all play football but maybe lack the physicality & hard edge a lot of League One sides have. But there seems to be a plan in place, they have to appoint the right person now, or it all goes to pot again. Don’t have the players to play hoofball anymore.

1 Like

You know what would be great now? A gif of Big Mick stirring a cup of tea and smiling at the camera

1 Like

GranularCautiousAcornbarnacle-small

5 Likes

Big mick on the late late. Looking very fresh and genial as ever despite sharing details about his mothers dealings with cancer

What a man.

3 Likes

He is getting emotional talking about his auld lad.

Spoke every well there

2 Likes
2 Likes

Back in the game

1 Like

Perez will be sick

Great to see Big Mick erect again

“Mick McCarthys Blackpool…”

Great to see Terry Connor back in the bigtime

2 Likes

Big Mick has the tangerine army leading 6-1 against QPR here. The survival run starts now.

3 Likes

Too early for the line ‘Big Mick has the Tangerines purring’.
Score lines like tonight could bring a cry of ‘Big Mick’s Tangerines juicing’……

Coat time…:wink:

1 Like

Big Micks arse in the orange juicer

Andy Lyons doing untold

1 Like

sell on clause will make SRFC millions

1 Like