Friendly against Brazil

Why is the Rep. of Ireland V Brazil on at the Emirates Stadium?

Will Andy Reid gat back in the squad? I doubt it.

same reason italy played brazil at the emirates

Sid Waddell is some mong!!!

:clap::clap:

You’re right there!

Should be a good session, anyone else heading over

Thinking about going over alright sledge, flights were cheap enough when i checked the other day.

Yeah dirt cheap into pretty much everywhere, Birmingham in particular is only something like 30 quid. I wonder are there many decent spots for a night out on Tuesday and Wednesday nights though

The league cup final is on the Sunday before it so I was thinking of heading over the Saturday(If Villa progress), the brother lives in London so accomadation would be covered aswell.

[quote=“Trapattoni”]

Will Andy Reid gat back in the squad? I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t the fat cunt injured?

Ah come on Sledge, it’s London for fox ache.

Ah I know but it’s a short train ride away, and some of the best sessions of away trips end up being the train leg. Bag of cans and an iPod with portable speakers…that said, it is England

Do you think there would be many irish fans there? There was a shit crowd for the games in craven cottage.

from rte.ie

AC Milan playmaker Ronaldinho has not been included in the Brazil squad for the friendly international against the Republic of Ireland at Emirates Stadium on 2 March.

Coach Dunga named named a 22-man squad for the Selecao’s final friendly before this summer’s World Cup finals, leaving 29-year-old Ronaldinho’s participation in South Africa in doubt.

There is no place either for Chelsea defender Alex, but Manchester City forward Robinho, currently on loan in his homeland with Santos, has been selected.

Two former Arsenal players have been included in the group for the encounter at their former stomping ground - Roma forward Julio Baptista and Panathinaikos midfielder Gilberto Silva.

Barcelona full-back Dani Alves has also been named in the squad despite being injured. The 26-year-old was a late withdrawal from the team for Saturday’s Primera Division clash with Getafe after he felt a pain in his calf during the warm-up which was expected to sideline him for three weeks.

Brazil squad v Republic of Ireland on Tuesday, 2 March:

Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Doni (Roma), Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Lucio (Inter Milan), Juan (Roma), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Luisao (Benfica), Michel Bastos (Lyon), Gilberto (Cruzeiro), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Felipe Melo (Juventus), Josue (Wolfsburg), Kleberson (Flamengo), Ramires (Benfica), Julio Baptista (Roma), Elano (Galatasaray), Kaka (Real Madrid), Robinho (Santos), Nilmar (Villarreal), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Adriano (Flamengo).

Trapattoni names 23-man squad for Brazil

Monday, 22 February 2010 12:52
Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni has announced a 23-man squad to face Brazil in the Emirates Stadium on 2 March.

Trapattoni has called-up uncapped Marc Wilson (Portsmouth), Greg Cunningham (Manchester City) and James McCarthy (Wigan Athletic) for the clash with Brazil. However, there is no place for ex-Bohemians goalkeeper Brian Murphy.

The squad will face a full strength Brazil side as Dunga and his players prepare for this summer’s World Cup in South Africa.

Trapattoni said: 'I look forward to working with my squad again after the disappointment of Paris.

‘The priority now is to build on the progress made during the last campaign and prepare ourselves over the coming months mentally and tactically for an important Euro campaign.’

Republic of Ireland squad to face Brazil on 2 March, at The Emirates Stadium, kick-off 8.05pm.

Goalkeepers: Shay Given (Manchester City), Keiren Westwood (Coventry City), Joe Murphy (Scunthorpe United).

Defenders: Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Stephen Kelly (Fulham), Kevin Kilbane (Hull City), Kevin Foley (Wolves), Sean St Ledger (Preston North End), Paul McShane (Hull City), Marc Wilson (Portsmouth), Greg Cunningham (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Aiden McGeady (Celtic), Damien Duff (Fulham), Darron Gibson (Manchester United), Glenn Whelan (Stoke City), Keith Andrews (Blackburn Rovers), Stephen Hunt (Hull City), Liam Lawrence (Stoke City), James McCarthy (Wigan Athletic).

Forwards:Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Robbie Keane (Celtic), Shane Long (Reading), Leon Best (Newcastle United).

Ah lovely. :clap:

Is it ibrox next up? A win there and the gap will be four points :slight_smile:

Surprised Keith Fahy didn’t get a callup as he has been starting for Birmingham lately.

Presume a friendly cap for McCarthy will be on the way. That ties you down still doesn’t it?

I don’t think it does.

I think you’re right actually.