Friendly against Brazil

Paul Hyland, now theres a cunt.

Glasgow Celts: Robbie has a tweak and wont be traveling as we have an important tie away to tinpot rovers at the weekend.

Robbie: Fuck off ye cunts im playing for my country.

Robbie= bigger than Scottish football.

Brilliant. :lol:

Fixed

I’ve decided to commence following the ‘Ireland’ football team again.

Congratulations to Given and Kilbane on their 103rd caps and moving ahead of Steve Staunton at the top of the all time list.

What sort of crowd is there at this thing? In work and not near a tv.

Not full by any means but no hugely visible empty spaces - enthusiastic crowd making plenty of noise.

Ireland are playing pretty well here. Passing it through the midfield and Keane is dropping deep and playing as a ‘number 10’ - it’s not a predictable 4-4-2. Keane’s had two efforts that came from well worked moves and Doyle forced an excellent Julio Cesar save with a header from a corner. Andrews and Whelan started very well and Duff looks sharp again. Brazil just had their first decent spell but Ireland rode it out - 32 minutes gone.

Soft auld goal to concede, hasn’t been a bad peformance given the back 4 we have out, although Brazil only seem to be going through the motions

Offside in the build up too. Duff had the ball in a great position at the side of the box and a back heel was on but he held onto it, put in a poor cross that was cut out at the near post and they broke from deep.

Kilbane did well to get out of the way of that cross to let Andrews knock it home. Would have been a tough angle for Kilbane to score from and a more naive defender might have had a go from there.

He also missed a great chance to play Doyle in after about 15 minutes when he made a great dart through the middle and Duff ended up losing the ball at the edge of the Brazilian box…

A most impressive little backheel by Paul McShane to set up the second goal. Playing alogside such world class quality has clearly rubbed off on him.

He’s really improving as the game goes on. He nearly set one up for Robinho a few minutes before but Robinho had strayed offside. A class act.

Would himself and St Ledger tonight be the smallest ever centre back partnership to play for Ireland???

Cunningham and Harte?

I look forward to Dunphy’s impressions of how the attacking game fared in the second half

Bill has lost his mind!! How long a pause was that?

Thankfully Dunphy was cut off mid-emotional emigration rant

What was the attendance like?

The nation can breath a massive collective sigh of relief, Irelands premier rugby pundit is back following our nations soccer team.

Fair play to you for your timing as well, you could be considered a bandwagoner had you waited until we qualify for the Euros in 2012. The country will be delighted, i know i am anyway. :clap: