Funeral etiquette

Still seems to happen out my way. Family would fill it in, and a few neighbours etc. would take over to make sure it’s done right. The direct family would be more ceremonial from what I recall from grandparents. Like each of the grandsons (only four of us) would do a small bit and pass it on to our fathers, etc. Now, my last family funeral was a good 15 years ago.

Was at a friend’s father’s funeral a couple of months ago and one of our pals filled in a fair amount.

3 Likes

I’ve dug em, and closed em in. A lot of Parishes not allowing it now for the usual H&S, but on the most recent occasion it wasn’t up for debate who was doing it for the man in question.

1 Like

No graveyard in Monard. Solohead I presume.

I’m sure you’re right, Monard was what we always said. I’d have to look it up.

I’ve done it a few times, but like you said it’s being stopped now.

https://x.com/Am_Blujay/status/1815433850681430269

The drive for alive

1 Like

Onanas season highlights

1 Like

Wheel be spinning in his grave

1 Like

We had Emily’s removal this evening, sad and emotional but uplifting in ways all the same despite the circumstances, I got a fair few knuckle crunchers of handshakes but people know what to say be it verbally or non verbally, Irish people just get it.

27 Likes

May I ask should one still wear a suit to a funeral.
My pal is about to go to one though he hates them, he loved the deceased and his family.

In Ireland? Unless you’re standing and shaking hands, you’re fine without one.

2 Likes

Smart casual would be the play here

2 Likes

:arrow_up:

Being there is enough pal

Unless you’re one of the chief mourners

My cousin (who is no longer the gender they were at birth) wore a white tracksuit to my uncle’s funeral recently. It really brought out the big gold chain and baseball cap that they also had on

15 Likes

I’m off to one Monday, best pals Dad, unfortunately there will be many more at the age we’re at now.

1 Like

A girl in a tracksuit and chain is wrong

Especially one that’s now a man

Identifies as a man

4 Likes

A suit is a grand thing to wear. If you feel you want to fire away.

But you don’t have to. But whatever you do make sure you’re well dressed.

1 Like