Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Who sent you that?

2 Likes

Thats some box room you have there flatty. Will make the next few weeks of cold shoulder bearable :smiley:

1 Like

Getting out of the shower only to have to have a tarry William Pitt 5 minutes later.

A fella hoping a bus full of pensioners will crash on the way to a match

1 Like

Is that a Constable painting there on the wall ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

1 Like

Did you hop back in?

FFS, theres no funerals on a Sunday.

1 Like

Realky? Ive been to two Sunday funerals in the last 6 months

Depends on the county definitely happen in WH LK in the city not

An actual mass & burial?
You might have a removal of a Sunday but very rarely a burial.

1 Like

Happens here mate, have been at too many 1230 mass in the cathedral and burial afterwards in Ballyglass cemetery

@anon67715551 is the only man to definitively answer this

Youā€™re standing on a banana skin here me oulā€™ pal. Possibly a Diocesan issue but they do happen. Not overly frequently but they certainly happen.

2 Likes

Donā€™t mind Boxty Iā€™m after telling you

1 Like

Iā€™ve definitely been to a couple

1 Like

Donā€™t mind @Bod95 . As the forumā€™s resident sleuth of RIP.ie I am re-affirming my earlier call.

1 Like

My own father in law was laid to rest on a Sunday with the current Taoiseach Bertie at the time and Iar Taoiseach Reynolds at the graveside and his pal John Ellis cc @anon67715551

7 Likes

45 mins waiting for a bit of fast food in Supermacs in Maynooth tonight. Poor ould Eastern European fella trying to hold the show together and he surrounded by a team of useless Irish staff. Things got ropey for a few mins as a few burley fellas from Clarinbridge threatened to go behind the counter and help themselves.

In fairness to Luka, after all were fed, he arrived down with a hape of ice cream to the kids and apologised to all who were impacted.

27 Likes

A close relative met her friend for lunch yesterday in the Midlands at letā€™s call it the Lasson Glakehouse. Said relative flits about a lot with work, and has observed that the prices in Ireland are going one way and the service the other.
She said yesterday was a shambles of the highest order. A long wait, a restaurant staffed entirely it seemed by people who hadnā€™t a clue, didnā€™t even know the table numbers, cold food which was pretty much inedible.
The highlight was a waitress wandering round with a bowl of chicken wings, unable to find who had ordered them as she didnā€™t know the table layout. In any case, she went to put them down to try and gather herself, and managed somehow to tip the bowl upside down. She then scraped it all back into the bowl with her hands, wiped her hands on her trousers, and served them to the table awaiting them once she had checked her notebook.
It cost my relative seventy quid for two mains, two coffees and one desert.

6 Likes

Serious sound bar flatty