GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I think Austin should get our token award but I expect like the equally mercurial Paul Flynn he’ll be passed over yet again.

I can’t see Barron being considered at all and the only Cork forward worthy of inclusion is Harnedy, who at least kept up the fight in the final when the rest of them jacked it in.

Prunty for me. He got the better of Gillane in their tussle and he was good generally before that as well.

Victor Meldrew with the attempted save here.

3 years and counting now.

1 Like

It’s great to see the sense of humour and devilment that the voting patterns have thrown up.
FAO Wexford supporters….I voted for Chin so I did.

1 Like

A few lads took the virtual pats on the head very badly.

I think this All Star awards malarkey really contravenes the whole ethos of the greatest hurling team of all time.
I know for a fact these Limerick lads don’t give a shit about these individual accolades, counting Celtic crosses is all they care about.
Maybe the all star awards should be handed out to vanquished this year.

:smile:

Excellent post.

It’s all about the team.

1 Like

Barron absolutely has to get one.

He put in 2 magnificent displays this summer v Galway and Tipp and even when he was below par in the semi final he made clean shit of the Limerick full back line in 10 minutes.

The game was over then kid. They had to move him in there to protect him from WOD.

6 Likes

“Give them to the vanquished” :clap:

You know, you’re dead right. What need have our lads of a few All Stars ffs

“Let them eat cake”.

1 Like

All Stars are a big deal to a lot of counties.

They hid him inside in the FF line. He got a few “pat on the head” scores, I even clapped them

3 Likes

A consolation prize when you can’t win silverware.

1 Like

Those very good lads in the Limerick Full Back line couldn’t lay a glove on him.

His performances vs Galway and Tipp surpassed what TK did this year in my opinion. If you looked at my team above you’d note that the bould WOD and Barron should both get All Stars this year, its not one or the other.

Lads like Nickie Quaid, Graeme Mul and Big Seamus Flanagan have more Celtic Crosses than All-Stars.

They’ll probably be on the beach over in the Bahamas or Barbados when the winning selection is announced, oblivious to the whole thing.

2 Likes

WOD and DOD deserve the midfield All Stars.