GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I actually think he was way better this year than in 2018. He has gone up a few levels since then. Personally would have given it to Mul in ‘18, there was no real standout Limerick player as different players delivered in different games.

Lynch was probably MOTM in three of Limerick’s championship matches this year, if not four, though.

When we were under the pump against Cork the first day, he was the one player who kept us in it. Ditto the first half of the Munster final. Very good in the semi and absolutely ran amok in the final against a bewildered Coleman - 0-06 from play and 2-05 in assists. One of the great All-Ireland final displays.

Only coming into his prime now too.

7 Likes

Great post mate, its incredible when you think about. It actually is.

2 Likes

Ciaran called him the Messi of hurling in a preview the night before it on the radio.

Tomas Mulcahy said Cork would double mark him.

3 Likes

Corcoran’s were both in the backs I’m pretty sure. 92 and 99

2 Likes

Ciaran was dead right. It was bullish I suppose to say it but he was right.

25 going on 26. He is a once in a generation hurler.

It is a pleasure to see him operate.

2 Likes

Ciaran said he was sick of holding his tongue about him

1 Like

Didn’t he start in the forwards that year and move back? 1992?

Is Lynch a religious fella?

1 Like

No, first game he made a show of Pat Fox iirc

Ciaran has form in fairness he called us winning the All Ireland in early June 2018 also said after the AI this year we’ll score 4-40 in a game next year. By the way the team this year would have beaten Galway by 20+ in 2018

1 Like

Ciarán knows what he’s talking about. Still lining out for his clubs 3rd team. Some man.

3 Likes

He is a great man and I don’t use that term lightly.

He’s been to hell and now helps others who are there.

9 Likes

Ah lads… Can you imagine not being from Limerick?

Lads faffing about trying to look relevant, the poor bastards :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Lunch was lucky to win HOTY in 18. Graeme Mul was my pick but it didn’t suit the journalists.

1 Like

He dined out on that one in fairness.

For what it’s worth I agree. GM was my HOTY of '18.

4 Likes

The journalists notions have ruined many an all star selection. Aussie as HOTY in 2016 but the same player couldn’t get an all star in 2020 because he blanked the media.

Kyle Hayes was hands down the best hurler in the country in 2018 and he could have got YHOTY and HOTY in the one go

1 Like

Fair play. 2018 I still reckoned Dan was a filler type player, Lynch was gonna be the saviour, Tom would be one of the six forwards somewhere if not hugely impactful, and I thought Flanagan was miles off it. Dan and Flanagan especially have gone up several levels sinces 2018. Tom Morrissey has regularly been identified as the forward most vulnerable to be overtaken as a starter, including by me, and keeps proving everyone wrong. Arguably our most consistent forward, I still don’t know how he covers so much ground. I thought WOD should be a starter in 2018. Byrnes just needed to stop langering the ball wide.

2 Likes

Longevity is a well known corollary to knowing.

These Limerick lads have really lost the run of themselves, half of ye probably sent hate mail to Hannon after the 2013 semi final

He is talking about hoty