GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Why?

You’d have to think so yes. It’s only right really .

1 Like

3-18 put up in an All Ireland final at half time.

Has to be 15 Limerick All Stars I’m afraid.

1 Like

Only for Murphys save against Cork there’d be no need for the article, it was an unbelievable save though to be fair to him.

1 Like

The likes of Roy Curtis chooses the All Stars

Yerrah ti’s a bit of a shite article.
Making stats up over a small sample size tells you very little. The Cork goalie had a 73% pass success. Keeping your stats looking good by pucking it out to the corner back who then fucks it away will do that.

1 Like

None of them have Barry Nashs hurling though. He delivered perfect balls into the Limerick forwards everytime he got a ball.

It literally hoped up into their hands.

Only one winner when you look at those Stats.

The Kilkenny crowd will be absolutely seething.

Top 3 articles I’ve ever read. I was blown away.

2 Likes

Enda Rowland a glaring omission.

Shur, ya know yourself like

A sobering thought

From The Indo

The annual GAA All Star banquet has been cancelled for the second year in a row due to Covid-19.

This year’s banquet, which was scheduled for Friday, December 10th would have marked the 50th anniversary of the first All Star scheme in 1971.

In a statement this afternoon GAA PRO Alan Milton confirmed that due to ongoing challenges with Covid, the GAA and the Gaelic Players Association along with sponsors PwC have taken the decision to cancel the event which was due to take place in Dublin’s Convention Centre.

“This decision has been taken with health and safety in mind,” the statement said.

Instead a 90-minute long awards programme will be broadcast on Friday December 10th on RTÉ Two at 7pm.

Sensible stewardship by Minto

Madness they scheduled it in December pre pandemic it used to be late October early November

Utterly shambolic from a shambolic PRO.

The wags will be disappointed but I’d say our lads won’t be too bothered. They’re not into individual awards, it’s all about the collective.

Strong and decisive leadership from the Round Towers man.

Fogarty is some ham

A best 15 of the last 50 years. Martin Brehony must be livid at being beaten to the punch.

I thought before reading it that it was actually going to be a comparison of all star teams across the years to see which would be the strongest. That actually might have been mildly interesting. @Malarkey you can have that one for a slow Sunday

2 Likes