GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Noel Skehan in goal is fairly laughable considering some of the quality keepers of the last 25 years. He then literally decided to just pick a heap of lads and shoe horn them into the 15 rather than actually pick lads in proper positions.

4 Likes

Paudie Maher :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’d be sad enough to set up some polls and we can elect a team for each decade 70s, 80, 90s, 2000s and 2010s and then pit them against each other and see which decade wins.

I might have to leave out the 2010s as the Limerick lads will skew the vote with their savage clannish ways

2 Likes

Corcoran corner back then, he could have at least had the decency to fuck Maher into the corner. And no Pat Hartigan with his 5 all stars in a row :rage:

1 Like

John Fenton. A lad that never finished an All Ireland. :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

No Limerick fellas on the team. That’s some smack in the kisser for the greatest team of all time. Kiely has his dressing room wall sorted for next year.

4 Likes

Was this not up a few weeks ago from Fogarty? I’ve definitely seen that team listed somewhere. In fairness to the three Tipp lads there, they all have six all stars each.

Not having Cian Lynch in there seems wrong.

And Paudie Mullacker should have had hurler of the year only they stole it off of him and gave it to Austin.

1 Like

No Tony Kelly either, what’s the opposite of recency bias?

1 Like

Corcoran shoehorned in at corner back. Might be relatively early in his career but I’d have Finn there. As much as I like Paudie Maher , I’d say Ken McGrath or Carey could have been in ahead of him, even though he’s the only current player listed.

1 Like

Fogarty is one of those pathetic anti-Northern GAA correspondents.

Gooch ahead of the likes of Linden, McManus, Murphy, O’Neill, McDonnell etc Lolzers

1 Like

Both Delaney and Corcoran started their careers at corner back IIRC but played very little there in the grand scheme of things. While Carey and McGrath were outstanding hurlers neither was as good or as consistent a centre back as Sean McMahon.

Plugging Canning in midfield really irritates me for some reason. Whatever about putting him in a forward spot, the skillset of a midfielder is very different

1 Like

Padraic Maher is an automatic choice for this.

Limerick expecting a few :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

He put about five minutes thought into those teams.

1 Like

Ah stop

Blinded by your Nordie bias :man_shrugging:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You’re correct. Seanie McMahon has been the outstanding CB of my lifetime. I fully agree. Not sure how I forgot about him

A full forward line of Kelly - Callanan - English would do untold @peddlerscross

And I would have no problem with Tommy, Whelahan and JJ being picked as the half backline in a team like this as they have been three of best hurlers let alone half backs I have seen and neither of the three should lose out.

3 Likes