GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

It was far from an iron curtain in front of Nicky Quaid between 2011-2017. He was also clutch in 2018 with that famous save from Seamus Harnedy.

1 Like

The three best hurlers – as out and out hurlers – I saw in an extended prime were DJ Carey, Brian Whelahan and Richie Power Jr. When going to war, the first names on the sheet would be Henry Shefflin, JJ Delaney, Tommy Walsh, Ken McGrath and Ollie Canning. But I think the first three lads, technically, were the best I saw.

RP was unlucky with injuries, did underachieve in a sense and never hit it off with BC.

exactly what he is.

1 Like

Yeah… Opinions arseholes etc. etc. but by anyone’s standards Lynch and Finn are generational but where they stack up against the greats is a different story. Adam English is the next great white hope…

Well, you can find out any time, can’t you? The “boxing head” stuff is amusing.

Two creeps together. One a poisonous sociopath.

As I said he was a fantastic hurler but I wouldn’t have him anywhere near my top 15 of the last 30 years. Cork did little of note 93-98 (won the league in 93, 98) which were his ‘prime’ years. Generally had one championship game a year in that period.

That’s just two seasons! eg Tommy Walsh or JJ pick any game in 10/12 years! Ditto Whelehan who did it at club level also

posting up and deleting any pictures of random women today?

Lynch needs to improve his left side.

Finn needs to stay as good for another five or six years.

JJD was brilliant or near brilliant for 14 seasons, 2002 to 2014. TW was brilliant or near brilliant for 12 seasons, 2003 to 2012. SF has been brilliant or near brilliant for four seasons, 2018 to 2021

Yeah, we need to come back to this in 2031… I’ll set a reminder on the thread.

1 Like

Introduce yourself to me any time you want.

Other than that, you stay at your level and I will stay at mine. It is a sort of gravity.

The other lad I would not even wish on you. His own despise him.

how your fat fuck head defies it is beyond me

1 Like

Well, JJ, Tommy or Whelehan never played for Cork.

If they had I may revise my list of best hurlers to play for Cork in my lifetime.

Corcoran was outstanding, a two time hurler of the year, he also won two Cork county titles with Erin’s own, he wouldn’t have had the supporting cast that Whelehan had at club level. But it’s an opinion only

:rofl:

2 Likes

Didn’t he timber the fuck out of a Cork cunt once?

I think I would go with this XV (mid 1990s onwards)

Damien Fitzhenry/Eoin Murphy

Tommy Walsh
Brian Lohan
Ollie Canning

Brian Whelahan
Seánie McMahon
JJ Delaney

Colin Lynch
Ken McGrath

Richie Power
Henry Shefflin
TJ Reid

Eoin Kelly
Joe Canning
DJ Carey

3 Likes

TFK at it’s best

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy the football list is a complete joke. I would have Sean Cavanagh in there, even ahead of Canavan but definitely in ahead of Gooch. They’re taking the piss with Gooch. Even McManus was probably better than him. I actually think Bernard Brogan was a really great classy forward at his peak. I would also narrowly rather have Kieran Donaghy playing for Monaghan than Cooper. Any amount of Ulstermen as you said. Gooch discredits the whole thing. Tomás O’Sé faces tough competition for his place from 2 Dubs, Jack McCaffrey and Kevin Moran.

Colin Lynch? :smiley::joy:

3 Likes

It seems to be a list of players who won loads of AIs with dominant Dublin and Kerry teams and a few other token awards.

Particularly in the pre qualifier eras it’s very unfair as there would have been a lot of years where guys like Tohill, Canavan etc may only have one game in the season if they got a tough Ulster - draw. The awards seems to have been based off All Stars rather than the best players.

Like say if Tohill and Mickey Linden played for Kerry during the 90s and early 00s then they would have won about 10 Munster titles 6/7 All Stars and probably 4 or 5 AIs.

1 Like

I just checked there. Linden only won one All Star, that’s ridiculous.

It shows what a joke All Stars are when AOS has 3x the All Stars Mickey Linden has while Linden was the main man in a Down team that won two AIs.

2 Likes