GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

He didn’t

Sorry.

Don’t worry about it.

1 Like

No harm done bro, you’re rarely wrong on here.

1 Like

indeed, he deserved a nomination, massive impact off the bench in qf, sf and final. He got a truck load of scores in a munster championship match too in one of the games he started, which game I cant fully recall

Unlimited All Stars!

Against Waterford

Yeah, a fella who couldn’t force his way onto a starting 15 but who has good 10 minute spells & scored a Pen deserves an AI Nomination. :rollseyes:

Eoin McGrath for Waterford made 3 appearances from the bench in 2007 and got an all star nomination. Waterford only had 3 championship games that year.

1 Like

A complete Jokeshop.

Not so . Waterford had 5 championship games in 2007 . They also won the league .

Does the league honestly have any bearing on All-Star nominations/recipients?

I’ve seen lads mention the league here but i always thought it’s based off championship nothing else.

We say that every year.

Truth be told. I couldn’t give a fuck if we didn’t get one. It’s won now.
Done and dusted.

John Leahy won a hurling All Star in 1994 without playing a championship game. Hurling championship that is. He got injured playing for the Tipperary footballers against Clare in the 1994 Munster Football Championship causing him to miss the hurlers first day exit to Clare.

1 Like

Jokeshop.

The 1994 hurler of the year Brian Whelehan failed to make the 1994 All Star team.

1 Like

Sssshhhh. Lads take this shit seriously. You’d nearly be embarrassed accepting an All Star at this stage.

Coincidentally, 1994 was Bank Of Ireland’s final year as sponsors.

Another example of poor auditing by them.

The All Stars never had integrity after Carroll’s were ditched as sponsors .