GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Reidy would bury them I’d say

1 Like

Jesus Christ, that’s a lovely side :clap:

It’d be a titanic battle between the 2 halves of the County, and a wondrous occasion for all Limerick people.

The rest of ye cunts better hope it never happens, it’d be fairly embarrassing for ye all at home watching Limerick City/West v Limerick South/East in the Munster Senior Hurling Championship Final at a packed and sun-kissed TUS Gaelic Grounds.

2 Likes

Cheer up mate. Ye made history today too, you know.

12 Likes

Surely Richie would be corner-back and Nasher wing-back?

Be some battle. You’d probably just have to fancy the City/West boys, that extra bit of firepower.

First time Waterford have had the All Star full back apparently and completes the full set in Number 1 to 15.

Wow. If only we had Conor in 2004 - we might have found a different way to leave an All Ireland behind us.

3 Likes

John Galvin was shoved out to the no2 position in the 1982 All Stars to accomodate Brian Cody at 3 although Gallie was fullback on that years Waterford team.

The Doon lads would hold us back. That lack of winning confidence.

2 Likes

He got the all star for having a quiet word with Ray Cummins, or was that 83?

No that was 82. He asked Ray very nicely would he mind putting the next few over the bar and Ray the gent that he was obliged.

The Limerick lads on here are so far up their own holes they’re splitting the county in two and saying they’d walk Munster at least. You couldn’t make it up.

3 Likes

Enjoy the Codyball famine.

You were shitting on earlier about how Kilkenny never rammmed it down anyone’s throats when they were on top. That’s because ye’re miserable oul joyless cunts.

Like everything else, we respect what ye did like but we’re doing things our way now, so sit the fuck back and enjoy the show.

2 Likes

Yere worse than the nazis with their 1000 year reich.

3 Likes

I’d rather be a nazi then a stepford wife

3 Likes

Ah it’ll never last that long, mate. Only another 5 or 6 years maybe.

We’re going to max it out while we can though :laughing:

1 Like

Sure for a long time the 2nd best team in Ireland were the Kilkenny subs.

1 Like

Did Kilkenny not wipe the floor with Offaly in the 2000 final? Ye hardly would have beaten them a second year in a row. That was very much the dying sting of that great Offaly team. They’d barely overcome Derry in the quarter-finals?

100%, I realised that once I sent it. I think I just threw down our full back line without thinking. It would be some game as a challenge all the same between both halves

They’ve been blessed with generational forwards like Marty Kavanagh and Chris Nolan. I’d say they’ll decline a bit and be stranded in the lower reaches of the Joe McDonagh in a few years.

The gap between Christy Ring and Joe Mcdonagh is actually minimal enough. Carlow won both in consecutive seasons (2017,2018) and I think Antrim may have done something similar in recent years too. The problem is the chasm between Liam McCarthy and the Joe McDonagh. You have a clutch of teams like Carlow, Kerry, Westmeath, Meath, Antrim, Kildare and even Laois and Offaly who are all solid enough but not up to the standard of the top 9/10 teams. Even with huge financial input in other counties there’s a danger newcomers get stranded between Liam and Joe.