GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I’m not sure any of the other Munster counties would beat the City/West side.

Our South/East side would be a solid side and beat most other county sides but lack a small bit of firepower up front. Great set of backs though, and the best keeper in the land.

Spot on. Cork wouldn’t have beaten Waterford or Tipp in my opinion. They were blessed to end up on the soft side of the draw and capitalised on that. I think in a way reaching the final will actually hold them back as Kieran Kingston will be given more time because of it and I don’t think he’s the man to make them great again.

Incorrect

I feel very sorry for Eoin Murphy today. Too good of a player to be insulted with token gestures. He’ll be absolutely disgusted I’d imagine, winners hate that kind of shite.

1 Like

I think Clare will win one before Cork. IMO they’re further down the line and motoring g nicely. But for Kelly missing g that chance , they could well have gotten to the final and they would have troubled limerick a lot more imo

Some price with the bookies if possible, I don’t see it

Jayses, I do. Should have beaten Tipp but for the people decision and let Cork get too far ahead before just failing to pull them back.

I’ve done an East and West Tyrone select, hard to split the county perfectly on an East West divide. I’ve thrown Carrickmore in with the East and Errigal with the West though these could both be debated.

East Tyrone

1. Morgan (Edendork)
  2. McKernan (Coalisland)
  3. Hampsey (Coalisland)
  4. Rafferty (Galbally)
  5. Cassidy ( Ardboe)
  6. O’Neill (Ardboe)
  7. Burns (Pomeroy)
  8. Kennedy (Derrylaughan)
  9. Kilpatrick (Edendork)
  10. McGeary (Pomeroy)
  11. Carney (Derrylaughan)
  12. Donaghy (Dungannon)
  13. McCurry (Edendork)
  14. McKenna (Eglish)
  15. McAliskey (Clonoe)

West Tyrone

1. McAnenly (Errigal)
  2. Kelly (Errigal)
  3. McNamee (Aghyaran)
  4. R Brennan (Trillick)
  5. McCann (Killyclogher)
  6. Grimes (Loughmacrory)
  7. Harte (Errigal)
  8. McDonnell (Errigal)
  9. M Donnelly (Trillick)
  10. Meyler (Omagh)
  11. Canavan (Errigal)
  12. Sludden (Dromore)
  13. Bradley (Killyclogher)
  14. McShane (Owen Roes)
  15. McNabb (Dromore)
2 Likes

That’s nice.

2 Likes

Oooft

3 Likes

lads “soft” all irelands
OK offaly, clare , wexford in 94/95/96 is generally acknowledged as a poor quality period when the traditional powers were rebuilding and those titles would have a serious asterix as the the victories were not against traditional counties

of the recent past…Im thinking clare 2013?
I was drinking in the same pub in tel aviv with Shane o donnels brother during the game…I I didn’t ask him at the time if he thought it was a soft one tho

1 Like

There’s different types of soft All Irelands. You have the classic case with Clare in 2013 where they didn’t have to play either of the two dominant sides at the time and did nothing before or since. Then there’s Kilkenny in 2007 and 2008 and Limerick the last 2 years, where they are quality sides but everybody else is at a very low ebb so is that soft?

2 Likes

The 2020 “blitz” is probably the template for asterisks All Ireland’s.

Games with water breaks. I mean ffs.

2 Likes

I’d agree 2020 was a joke allright
most people can’t even remember the games

1 Like

What we’re the lyrics again? Oh yeah
Summer time winter time , spring and autumn too,
Monday Tuesday every day ,
Limerick will bate the shit of you,
O dances romances etc.

1 Like

agreed . only 5 or 6 counties are anyway competitive @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy that’s a fair point

1 Like

And only 8 counties play it.

Waterford are the only real hurling county who haven’t won one in a huge length of time.

1 Like

The reality is that Cork , Tipp and Kk are currently all fairly poor. Tipp the best but lacking legs That is indisputable

Galway are underachieving

Waterford are decent but lack firepower and another defender

Dublin should be doing better

Wexford have regressed hugely

Clare have potential but lack finance .

If Waterford could get their best 15 on the field consistently they are the biggest challenger. They have a lot of brilliant players but are always just lacking the bit of depth

2 Likes