GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Twelve again this year lads, fuck off with the sympathy stuff

Eanna Murphy gave an exhibition of puck outs today. Like Stephen Cluxton with a schtick

6 Likes

He’s excellent.

1 Like

He’s been outrageous the last two games. I’d say he has directly assisted 7/8 points from puck outs. The one for Mannions point in the second half was unreal.

4 Likes

Na, Éanna Mutohy has been better than Quaid. Butler and Finn is up for grabs in the final IMO. Nash OTOH is in the running for HOTY. Lawlor is soightly ahead of Casey for me.

In the hb line, I would say Byrnes and Pádraig Mannion have to be nailed on. Mannion continues to be somehow criminally underrated - he is comfortably the best half backline player in the country. Hannon then probably should get 6 with a good final display. Might be slightly biased but I feel Ciarán Joyce is the next best option afyer those 3. Diarmuid Ryan worthy of a mention too. HB line is Mannion, Hannon, Byrnes.

In midfield, Fitzgerald is a certainty. Mullen has been very good and I think O’Donovan has gone about his business well this year. I would go with Mullen and Fitzgerald as of now but DOD will push hard.

My Half forward line is Hegarty, Kelly and Shane O’Donnell. Followed inside by Gillane, Whelan and TJ.

3 Likes

He had a spotter behind him for the Cork game.

Galway managed our HF line very well today. Some job. Nash is HOTY. Never mind token awards. Hego and morrissey might miss out on all stats kn today. Gakway might pick upna few there. Hannon was exceptional ahain. Quietly doing the business

David Mcinerney has been far more consistent that Diarmuid Ryan for Clare, doubt either will get an all star but Mcinerney should be the one who gets more consideration.

Fair point. McInerney had a brilliant year. Good to see him back to his best

would clare have been better putting McInerney into centre back than starting PF?

I’d have p mannion and daaawwhheee in there for sure.

He played centre back yesterday and did well aside from the wides. PF was lhb

1 Like

oh rite,

Quaid badly beaten for that goal today. No chance of an All Star

Try and save it at least, put your hurl up.

I agree with your reasoning, by and large, but SOD won’t get an All Star, I don’t think. He had a good year but his own teammate, Fitzgerald, was better at wing-forward.

And if we’re going to pretend that Fitzgerald played midfield, I still think he’ll be pushed out by a big final performance from Cody, Flanagan or even Mossy Keoghan. He had an average enough Munster Final, was decent against Wexford but although he got a few against Kilkenny, I didn’t think he was in Clare’s top 3 players. Thought he was unusually greedy.

O Donnell is a darling of the media. With the comeback story and the fawning over Clare in general this year he’s a shoe in. That quick cameo in the second half yesterday when everyone else was shite sealed the deal for him.

1 Like

Cian Kenny appears to have gone up in your estimation.

Eanna Murphys puckouts were fucking unraleable today. He picked his way through our screen every fucking time. It was very frustrating. They got a lot of handy shots away out of it. Had Galway won he was motm for me. Monaghan had a great game as well but faded towards the end

3 Likes

It was like Darren Gleeson against Cork in 2014.

Murphy has had his critics but he’s been brilliant this year outside of the late goal vs Kilkenny.