GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

He left the door open the grandest there for you. Real decent of him.

1 Like

Corofin in 2018 - Daithi Burke and Ian Burke - though technically this may not be correct as Daithi Burke would be classed as Turloughmore for hurling purposes.

That Ian Burke All Star was some joke. The Sunday Game made an entire segment out of him handpassing a ball at one point

1 Like

Who did fulvio rate higher paddy Bradley or McManus ?

Fulvio would be apoplectic at the Free State bias against Rian O’Neill this year.

A huge loss to the forum.

Rian suffered as a result of Armaghs failure once again to solid fuck all of note in the Championship.

1 Like

I was reading a Cahair O’Kane tweet yesterday (I’d a long meeting to get through) and a member of the Italian-Tyrone community appeared to express his grievances about O’Neill and Rodgers being snubbed. I was very surprised to discover that when challenged on something that he found a reverse gear, I didn’t think it was in their make-up.

1 Like

HAS to be Barry Nash for HOTY

How much have you on?

fwiw - Byrnes for me.

How much money I stand to make is irrelevant.

1 Like

It will be Byrnes

Ya probably should be Byrnes. He was excellent in the semi final against us.

thelimericks are getting giddy

I’ve seen a lot of complaints over Comer’s inclusion at the expense of Rian O’Neill. Presumably recency bias as he had a quiet final. Played well against Mayo but only scored 1 point. 3 points from play in the Connacht final against the Rossies. 3 points from play against Armagh. Won an All-Ireland semi-final almost single handedly. He was probably in the running for footballer of the year until the final. Not sure a quiet final should see lose him an All-Star. Could say the same about Tom O’Sullivan who was just unfortunate to come up against a fella who was unmarkable on the day.

Rian O’Neill was completely MIA when Donegal knocked them out of Ulster. 1 point from play against a Tyrone side begging to be put out of their misery. Admittedly superb in the return fixture against Donegal but was quiet enough against Galway until that very late free (fair dues a fantastic score). And then Armagh were gone. Don’t think it stands up to scrutiny.

4 Likes

Safe to say those complaints are only coming from one province

1 Like

You mustn’t have paid much attention to the discussion at the time but the consensus (a quorum of one) decided that only Canavan was superior to Paddy Bradley. Suggestions about Maurice Fitz, Gooch, Declan Sullivan and all the rest were dismissed with utter distain…… Great days.

1 Like

Shur Paddy wasnt even the best Bradley, Skinner is still kicking spinners.

Stolen from elsewhere but illustrates the point.

Selection of players that Damien Comer outscored from play in the championship:

David Clifford
Sean O’Shea
Shane Walsh
Paudie Clifford
Rian O’Neill

Surely there’s a football thread for this shite?

1 Like

Why are the all stars on tonight in the middle of the county final season?