GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Did Buff announce his all stars?

Fascinating to see @thelimericks rounding on Shane Ó D. A flair player with a bit of skill to compensate for his lack of size. Wouldnt be a Limerick type player tbf

Fantastic to see ó Donnell winning an allstar after the nasty head injuries he sustained playing

1 Like

This guy knows

This guy doesn’t

Was Darragh O’ Donovan nominated for an All-Star? I see that he’s out foreign with his missus Aisling Thompson for the weekend.

The Limerick lads were taking it hard last year when they picked up just the 12 of the 15 All Stars. The drop to 7 this year has shaken them to the core. Poor Shane O’Donnell appears to be bearing the brunt of their ire.

5 Likes

The all stars will be taped to the dressing room wall

1 Like

Would remind you of the time Austin walked off with Shamies hurlers of the year.

Agreed. We haven’t witnessed such unedifying scenes on All Star night since @carryharry and a large cohort of the Tipperary lads had a collective breakdown when Aussie got Hurler of the Year over Seamie in 2016.

1 Like

Clare getting 3 after their capitulation vs Kilkenny is scandalous, Joesph Cooney hardest done by.

1 Like

You didn’t see me at that.

I’d be able to put biases aside and recognise Austin was the best hurler in the country in 2016.

2 Likes

Ryan Taylor a bit unlucky for one

Galway were fucked over this year. Scandalous stuff.

3 Likes

Both midfielders played in the half forward line all year.
Both super players but Willum O’Donoghue was the best midfielder in this year’s championship

6 Likes

Individual baubles are nice but it’s all about the team for us.

1 Like

If Shane O’Donnell was half a man he’d hand back that All Star

1 Like

The process succeeded again this year.

1 Like

You need to snap the troops into line on the PM group. There’s a few breaking ranks here.

What club has the most individuals who have won an All Star in hurling?

I think the Well have 8. And I think Ballyhale are the same.

Would someone like the Barrs have more?

1 Like

The lads are raring to go again next year

Thurles Sars have 5.

James Stephens would have a good few down through the years.