GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Same in the football with Morley getting the award for wing-back when he’s spent his entire Kerry senior career at 6.

We had guys on here yesterday looking to ban inter county altogether, now we aren’t even recognising the Player’s of the Year.

If push comes to shove we need to can the provincial club game

The spilt season zealots are now advocating that club performances shouldn’t be taken into account for the All Stars. They want to just condense the All Star process down to a divvying up of the spoils based on 3 matches.

1 Like

Fuck off munster club has given us great games. We’ll can you first

Edit: can Leinster

His performance in the drawn semi final that year is as good a display as I’ve ever seen in the flesh, and he wasn’t far off it again in the replay.

1 Like

Pawdee was. It’s like the ballon do’r defenders never win out (bar cannavaro)

I wasnt at the drawn game but had a ringside seat for the replay and his display was the best I’ve ever seen.

I dont expect to ever see better.

These lunatics dont know if they are coming or going.

Amazing how little interest they actually have in the club game while myself and yourself are going all around the country taking in Club challenge games.

1 Like

The father is as dyed in the wool a Kilkenny man as you’ll ever encounter and not one for dishing out compliments about opposing players, but he turned to me at the end of that drawn game and said “Jesus, Gleeson is some detail”.

1 Like

This is a complete tangent about there is something magical about an auld, cynical lad who’d never usually give a compliment throwing one out.

At the 2006 World Cup, my father, who would consider soccer boring and those that play it soft, literally leapt from his seat when Italy scored their second goal (a curled Del Piero effort after a flowing counter attack). “Fuck it that’s unreal football!” he shouted. Has barely watched a game since

7 Likes

It was surreal watching him in Thurles.

He was making really good players look like complete idiots.

By the way it was that night in Thurles was my first time hearing Takaka Rain live. A love affair was born.

1 Like

Callanan was robbed for HOTY in 2016, the Tipp vote was split between him and Paudie Maher who was also imperious.

It was one of the worst decisions of HOTY in recent memory.

What’s seldom is wonderful, a compliment definitely carries a bit more gravitas from a seasoned campaigner like that than these modern types who declare everything as awesome.

1 Like

Lads are worried about the split season and U19 competitions, something has to give

Do we need a hurleyix thread :joy:

Kilkenny were fairly shit though tbf as was proven in the final

1 Like

Definitely past their best but still a seasoned hard nosed outfit and for a 21 year to go out and dominate them 2 weeks running was fair going.

Delighted for Padraig, well deserved All Star. Outside of that we can have few complaints. Utter shite in the Leinster final, and scrapped by a soft as fuck cork team in the QF.

Enna in goal has been a good find, kk at home aside he has been good, and was maybe a dark horse for an All Star. Conor Whaylan was very good again this year, but was quiteish in the semi versus our new hurling overlords. Had Joseph Cooney stuck to one position he might have had a shout. Outstanding hurler, but he’s just too versatile.

5 Likes

2016 was the biggest robbery of all time.

2 Likes