GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I’ll have a look at football later. Weighty decisions to made like is Shane Walsh to be classified as a Kilmacud Crokes All Star?

1 Like

Have to classify them based on the club they were with when they earned it IMO. So no

2 Likes

Can someone ladybird what SOD did to win an all star? Scoreless in the MF. Played for about 10/15 minutes against Wex when they ran out of steam. And a couple of late scores in the semi final when well beaten… Mind boggling.

Media darling. Spends half the time falling to the ground or else throwing his hands in the air begging for frees.

Liberties would have 5 if they were counting Anthony Nash’s :joy:

1 Like

That was the main example I was thinking of alright tbf

Did neither of the Nash boys win one in the 90s?

No, unlucky not to.

1 Like

Joe Mckenna must have won 15 of them.

1 Like

NAP would have 5 if mike casey had one

1 Like

They let Marie Crowe pick one.

1 Like

Possibly the worst All Star ever awarded.

Joe Mc 6
Pat Hartigan 5
Eamon Grimes 2
Barry Nash 2

I’ll have a proper look at it later. Just had a quick glance at it there and I’m throwing up some of the clubs that I felt would be right at the top of the list.

9 St Vincents
Gay O’Driscoll, Brian Mullins, Tony Hanahoe, Bobby Doyle, Jimmy Keveaney, Pat Canavan, Tommy Conroy, Eamonn Heery, Diarmuid Connolly

8 Ballymun Kickhams
Gerry Hargan, Barney Rock, Dermot Deasy, Paddy Christie, James McCarthy, Dean Rock, John Small, Philly McMahon

8 Nemo Rangers
Billy Morgan, Frank Cogan, Brian Murphy, Jimmy Kerrigan, Stephen O’Brien, Shea Fahy, Joe Kavanagh, Colin Corkery

6 Austin Stacks
John O’Keeffe, Ger O’Keefee, Ger Power, Mikey Sheehy, Pa Laide, Kieran Donaghy

5 Walsh Island
Willie Bryan, Tomas O’Connor, Liam O’Connor, Matt Connor, Richie Connor

4 Likes

Dinny Allen and Jimmy Kerrigan another two for Nemo

Jimmy Kerrigan, yes. Have a feeling Dinny Allen never got an All Star. Don’t have book in front of me now.

Hayes getting one don’t make any sense, he got Morrissey’s one I think

The barrs surely have 5

Thought MF/Semi/Final he was good… Not up to much in the round robin tho

When he played at 11 he was great but he was totally unremarkable when played in the FF line. He hardly played 70 minutes at 11 all year